FAQFAQ
   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 In Identity Theft Protection

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> General Maine Discussions

confidential financial Fairpoint testimony to the Maine PUC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author    Thread
Publius
Wanna-be Mainah

quote:
Originally posted by Kennebec:
My position, despite the way you try to twist it, is that Verizon wants to sell, the free market should allow that sale. Regulation only adds cost to the consumer. Find me any quote where I have said otherwise please.

I really don't feel like perusing through your blather again, but heres a start:

Actually you are mistaken completely. I am on Verizon's side, if you fail to see that you haven't read any of my posts.

Lets make a crazy assumption and assume for a minute that I am part of that free market you talk about. As a consumer I want choices. Verizon presents me with, at minimum, the hope of choices. Fairpoint presents me with more of the same.

You mix up the PUC's important decision with regulation. It is merely part of the process of protecting the consumer. Regulation would be when Fairpoint fails and they force price controls and a government bail out.
I find that under regulation also takes money from the consumers pocket.

Why is it you're so willing to accept this deal as good for everyone because lawyers and executives from both companies say it is?

Lastly, I'm not twisting your position. I'm merely repeating your own position back to you.. It kind of seems like a stupid postion to have when it's read to you, huh?

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” Ghandi

Post Mon 03 Dec, 2007 12:55 pm 
Kennebec
Mosquito

How is the upcoming ruling from the PUC not regulation? Can Verizon and Fairpoint continue the deal even if the commissioners say otherwise? These are rhetorical questions.

The way you state it back shows how you do twist this, regulation is not regulation?

The free market lets me sell a piece of property that I own without asking for permission from the government. If the buyer needs to borrow money then the bank decides whether to take the risk. That is how a free market economy works. Tell me again how I have stated otherwise?

Post Mon 03 Dec, 2007 1:19 pm 
Publius
Wanna-be Mainah

Isn't this getting old for you? Why is it you force me to prove you wrong step by step by step?

Okay, here it is. I"m going to type this real slow for you.

The comparison where you are selling a piece of property that you own without asking permission from the government does not apply in this situation. That is a private sale between two people. Now, if you were selling that property to a nuclear waste storage company, that's when the government needs to step in a regulate. They may pay you a crapload more, but it's not in the best interest of the general community to have a nuclear waste dump next door.

The same applies with Fairpoint. Even though Fairpoint would make Verizon even richer, the deal is not in the best interest of the general consumer. Again, this is not me twisting anything, it is what it is.

Just apologize and I'll stop....

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” Ghandi

Post Mon 03 Dec, 2007 1:47 pm 
Publius
Wanna-be Mainah

My position, despite the way you try to twist it, is that Verizon wants to sell, the free market should allow that sale. Regulation only adds cost to the consumer. Find me any quote where I have said otherwise please.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually you are mistaken completely. I am on Verizon's side, if you fail to see that you haven't read any of my posts. "

What, no reply to that?

Post Mon 03 Dec, 2007 1:49 pm 
Kennebec
Mosquito

My two quotes you posted are not contradictory, Verizon wants to sell and I am on Verizon's side.

You were the one that contradicted your own post by saing that the PUC ruling is not regulatory.

quote:
You mix up the PUC's important decision with regulation.

Post Mon 03 Dec, 2007 3:17 pm 
Publius
Wanna-be Mainah

round and round we go.... where we stop I sure as hell don't know.

The PUC is a regulatory board, there I said it. So what does that prove? They are doing the job they are supposed to do. And in doing it, they are NOT saying that you can't sell your house.

See, it works for everyone...

Why don't you answer my other questions and points instead of ignoring them?

Post Mon 03 Dec, 2007 4:25 pm 
Kennebec
Mosquito

I answered your three questions and you resorted to more insults (my father was diagnosed with lung cancer btw, not the disease you referenced).

Do you have more questions?

Post Mon 03 Dec, 2007 7:28 pm 
Publius
Wanna-be Mainah

I insult you because its easy.

And although I'm sorry that your father was diagnosed with cancer, please don't think it's going to make me feel bad about insulting you.

hhhmmm, more questions...

Not right now.. you're just going to avoid them and dance around the truth anyway...

Post Mon 03 Dec, 2007 7:38 pm 
Kennebec
Mosquito

That's OK if you don't have any more questions I've been able draw you out and demonstrate the nature of the people that argue against the sale. They can't hold up their end of a debate without insulting the opposition. I can say I did not stoop to that level and I was able to point out your contradictions.

While in the end I am betting the regulators will be against the sale, I think it is too bad and another indication of why the economy in this state is going downhill.

Post Mon 03 Dec, 2007 7:56 pm 
Publius
Wanna-be Mainah

whoa! slow down perch kisser.

I'm trying to follow your logic, but I'm starting to get dizzy.

You present useless, opinionated, factless points in dozens of posts. I come into this thread late in the game and I destroy every argument you present. You sidestep most everything I write, present contradicting statements on a daily basis, and for all intent and purposes, you annoy the hell out of me.

With all that in mind the only caveat you're holding on to is the fact that you don't insult anyone?

Try this on for size: you don't inspire anyone, you don't educate anyone, but you surely know how to mislead people.

And in the end I've proven just how incredible I am because you've admitted you agree with me.

just apologize and it will all be over...

Post Mon 03 Dec, 2007 9:26 pm 
Kennebec
Mosquito

How did I agree with you? The only possible way you could see that is that I think that the PUC will deny the sale. It is still too bad for the Maine economy and I don't think it is right. Regulation is regulation. It adds cost to the consumer.

quote:
Why don't you answer my other questions and points instead of ignoring them?

quote:
Do you have more questions?

quote:
hhhmmm, more questions...

Not right now.. you're just going to avoid them and dance around the truth anyway...

Who is dancing in circles? I think you should log in Nascar88 now to change the tone.

Post Mon 03 Dec, 2007 9:46 pm 
nascar88
From Away

kennebec, listen...
I can hear someone calling..."Kennebec come on, its time to eat"...... " kennebec, get in here and put your coat on, its freezing outside"...

Post Mon 03 Dec, 2007 10:00 pm 
Kennebec
Mosquito

quote:
Who is dancing in circles? I think you should log in Nascar88 now to change the tone.

Post Mon 03 Dec, 2007 10:01 pm 
Publius
Wanna-be Mainah

quote:

quote:

As much as I want to reply with violent prose, I'm going to take the high ground.

You're an antagonist, and a bad one at that.

Post Mon 03 Dec, 2007 11:00 pm 
Publius
Wanna-be Mainah

And the winner is...

Well, for those of that have been following this thread, it appears that Kennebec has swum up stream to die with the rest of the salmon. I therefore declare myself the unbeaten master of this thread.
Bow down before me all fish lovers and feel by benevolence wash over you...

Post Wed 05 Dec, 2007 1:39 pm 

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> General Maine Discussions