FAQFAQ
   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 In Identity Theft Protection

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> General Maine Discussions

confidential financial Fairpoint testimony to the Maine PUC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author    Thread
Publius
Wanna-be Mainah

Kennebec,
Why is it you believe that free market economy cannot be balanced by regulation?
Have you truly taken the time to read through all of the testimonies from experts in each state? The evidence is overwhelming that Fairpoint is trying to pull the wool over everyones eyes.
You try to continually make this a union thing when it is about coporate greed in it's highest form. Why do you not question Fairpoint's motives? Why is that whatever they say it right?
Whatever it is between you and nascar that has created discord should not overshadow the fact that Fairpoint is not capable of running a New England wide phone company with their current business model. The short term works out only for about 130,000 people in the three state area. The remaining 2.3 million residents will see no net change in their internet service. [Fairpoint has said it plans to gain 60k new customers with new DSL in Maine, 50k in NH, and 25k in Vermont]
Mark my words.. within one year you will see expanded FiOS in NH. And you will see FiOS installed for the first time in several Maine cities (Bangor, Portland, York, Kittery, etc.) You will also see the Maine PUC force Verizon to install DSL in other rural areas.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” Ghandi

Post Wed 28 Nov, 2007 8:28 am 
Kennebec
Mosquito

I have already made my point for those that wish to read it in this and the previous thread. I'm not going around the barn again. You can read it or not, my mind is made up and it won't change.

Post Wed 28 Nov, 2007 12:53 pm 
Publius
Wanna-be Mainah

Kennebec,
I guess I'm not asking you to reiterate your opinion, just answer the questions.
I have read many of your posts, and I just see that it mostly seems to be based on opinion. I personally like to let facts justify my opinions, but if you just "feel" that this deal is good for everyone, and unions are evil, well that's your choice, I'm just wondering if the mountain of evidence against the deal has swayed your opinion at all.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” Ghandi

Post Wed 28 Nov, 2007 3:06 pm 
Kennebec
Mosquito

You missed my point, I am anti-regulation. If you did not see that in my posts then you did not read them. I think that if I have a piece of property I want to sell, I shouldn't have to have the Government's permission to sell that property.

Post Wed 28 Nov, 2007 3:16 pm 
Publius
Wanna-be Mainah

No, I don't think I did miss your point.. maybe you missed your own point. You come across as someone who is mad at the employees for actually fighting for their jobs, as well as fighting for what is right for consumers. Your posts come across to me (and I'm sure others) that because Verizon wants to sell, they should be able to sell to anyone, even if that buyer is not a good fit for ALL of New England.
I agree with you that if a private citizen has property that they want to sell they should be able to. The government should not in any way interfere with that. But when the sale is for control of a public utility then the rules change. The government needs to step in to protect the consumer.
That's my point.

Post Wed 28 Nov, 2007 4:23 pm 
nascar88
From Away

Publius, get ready for some irrational rant, from in my opinion a fool...my discord with Kennebec, is that sarcastically, he will not debate fact, only offbased opinions with me. I think he is disgruntled with Verizon and has disdain for union workers. As you stated, the facts are great, that this is a poor deal for New England at best. He dismisses expert testimony for opinion, not just one expert I might add...I do respect the opinions of others, but I will also reciprocate the attitude percieved...Good Luck...

Post Wed 28 Nov, 2007 5:09 pm 
Kennebec
Mosquito

And Nascar88 can only interact by calling me names....

quote:
While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.

Post Wed 28 Nov, 2007 5:21 pm 
nascar88
From Away

No names, only what I believe are reciprocal feelings...you express your way, I will express mine... Cool...Publius, I will stay out of your debate.

Post Wed 28 Nov, 2007 5:38 pm 
Kennebec
Mosquito

quote:
No names, only what I believe are reciprocal feelings

quote:
Publius, get ready for some irrational rant, from in my opinion a fool

quote:

quote:
thanks for your input "flunky"

Post Wed 28 Nov, 2007 5:45 pm 
Kennebec
Mosquito

And for Publius..

You actually want to carry on a debate when your profile (as of the time of this post) states:

quote:
Interests: Long walks on the beach, denouncing terrorism and fairpoint

Lends alot of credibility towards an unbiased discussion....

No thanks.

Post Wed 28 Nov, 2007 6:19 pm 
nascar88
From Away

Cool...documents the edit...

Post Wed 28 Nov, 2007 6:21 pm 
Kennebec
Mosquito

Makes no sense, what edit Nascar88? I'm not sure what your statement means..

And no denial of the name calling posts that you denied earlier? Interesting debate technique Smile

Post Wed 28 Nov, 2007 6:52 pm 
nascar88
From Away

Cool

Post Wed 28 Nov, 2007 6:56 pm 
Kennebec
Mosquito

I will let you revel in the victory from the PUC staff members and hope that folks remember my allegory of the York County Cancer Treatment Center that has saved lives despite the staff recommendation to the commissioners. I continue to hope that a free market economy will prevail on this issue and note that you can't seem to actually find a comment to address the mis-truth I just caught you in Nascar88 .

quote:
No names, only what I believe are reciprocal feelings

Post Wed 28 Nov, 2007 7:00 pm 
Publius
Wanna-be Mainah

Re: And for Publius..

quote:
Originally posted by Kennebec:
You actually want to carry on a debate when your profile (as of the time of this post) states:

quote:
Interests: Long walks on the beach, denouncing terrorism and fairpoint

Lends alot of credibility towards an unbiased discussion....

No thanks.

Kennebec, it's called sarcasm. look it up. Here is the truth.. a truth you may not like, or even care about. My opinions are backed up by fact. I know what I'm talking about when I talk about this sale. I can pretty much bury you on any level. I don't need to employ name calling. I don't need to have another account (if thats what your insinuating in your prior post) I just have to arm myself with facts and you can't win. It's very simple for me.

If you want to shut me up, just offer one factual statement that proves that Fairpoint will be better for ALL of New England.

For now, I'm going to the beach so I can protect it agains any terrorists trying to swim into the country... Oh yeah, and then I'm going to sing mean songs about Fairpoint...

Post Wed 28 Nov, 2007 7:13 pm 

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> General Maine Discussions