FAQFAQ
   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 In Identity Theft Protection

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Introductions & Welcome Center

Hi All from Florida

Author    Thread
Lab
Wanna-be Mainah

Hi All from Florida

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been popping in once in awhile and love the site. Let's see...I've lived in Florida my entire life and would love to move to Maine. How do you all feel about a southerner moving to your state? I have visited Maine twice. Been to Greenville and Bangor. I'd have to say Maine is such a beautiful state. My hubby is from NJ and does not want to move to where it's cold again, but I'll win this one, or he'll stay in Florida. He's into atv racing, not a hunter, just loves to ride and race. So where do you all suggest is a good place to start looking? I personally don't care as long as I get out of this state! I have known friends to move to the Carolinas and Tennessee and they say people tend to stay within themselves, not really outsiders. Don't know if it's true of Maine too?? By some of the posts I've read in here it seems you welcome everyone. Well guys and gals, I'd appreciate any input and look forward to mingling in your group. Hope you feel the same.
Linda

Post Wed 03 Oct, 2007 8:26 am 
The Founder
Forum Governor

Welcome to the site, Lab!

If I were you.... Bangor area of the state and keep your home in Florida for the winter months. Smile

Post Wed 03 Oct, 2007 9:08 am 
MadMarc
Wanna-be Mainah

Hey Lab!

Which part of Maine to live in really depends on what you like and the type of lifestyle you prefer.

Southern Maine is more urban. Northern Maine is much more rural and agricultural.

Western Maine is more mountainous and "farmy". Eastern Maine is coastal, historical, and "touristy".

I prefer living on the coast myself but ALL of Maine is beautiful. I have lived in Georgia and West Virginia but Maine is "home".

Bangor is "not too shabby" thumleft (jus' kiddin' Founder !)

Post Fri 05 Oct, 2007 9:30 pm 
Lab
Wanna-be Mainah

Founder,
I would like to keep my house in Florida, but not financially possible. And I don't want to wait another 12 years until my mortgage is paid off to move. Thanks for your idea on Bangor. I liked the area, but I only visited for 4 days and don't live there so I wasn't too sure. Thanks again! Smile

Post Tue 09 Oct, 2007 12:18 pm 
Lab
Wanna-be Mainah

Hi MadMarc

My lifestyle Confused ...Right now me and my hubby travel between 18-25 miles to work (one way) and I'm ok with that. We live outside of the more hustle bustle area. I want to be far enough away from a busy town, but not too far for work. I live in a county with just over a million people, my area has about 40,000. I guess I like the suburb life, my husband would like the rural life, a lot less people. When we visited Bangor, the population did not seem that bad at all. Don't know what it is though.
Basically I guess I like the peace and quiet, and my husband would like, or should I say wants, somewhere he can ride his atv A LOT! When we stayed at Moosehead Lake, I really liked it a lot, but it didn't seem there was too much near there(as in jobs). I liked the fact that you could walk out your front door and get lost in the woods, literally.
Maine must be special because I don't hear of too many people moving "back" to Florida, beside the snowbirds. Thanks for reply, and if you know of any atv communities, please shout them back. Thanks! Smile

Post Tue 09 Oct, 2007 12:39 pm 

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Introductions & Welcome Center