FAQFAQ
   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 In Identity Theft Protection

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Around The Water Cooler -> Health Corner

Soy makes you gay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Author    Thread
wanderer
Official Mainah

Ahh. Well this sure explains why the birth rate in Asia is so low. We all know they are having a hard time producing children. Must because they're all flaming faggots.

Post Tue 15 May, 2007 8:39 am 
Vizzini
Lobstah

People in Asia use soy primarily as a condiment, small pieces in soup etc. They don't feed their babies on soy milk, and they don't chomp on big chunks of it as a snack. The average asian probably eats 3% the amount of soy as your average (ignorant) American vegan.

Soy is often used as an alternative to hormone replacement therapy. If people want to give massive doses of something like that to their little baby boys, they should be charged with child abuse.

Last edited by Vizzini on Tue 15 May, 2007 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue 15 May, 2007 10:43 am 
wanderer
Official Mainah

That's probably true. Though it's still a staple in their diets (and becoming more and more a staple in many Americans diets as well).

There are pros and cons to soy and it certainly should be avoided in young children.

It's suggesting that eating soy is going to turn a straight man gay that's so silly.

Post Tue 15 May, 2007 10:54 am 
tumbleweed
Official Mainah

The WorldNetDaily who put this foolish notion out there isn't a reliable source to start with, and the only scientific data on it is on mice, which hardly proves much .

It was posted by someone homophobic. IMO. Laughing

Post Tue 15 May, 2007 11:14 am 
Vizzini
Lobstah

Whats silly is the idea that says gays are all born that way or they just choose to be gay. Dismissing possible environmental and dietary factors is just goofy, considering we know that certain foods like soy can dramatically effect hormone levels.

We should do some experimentation - I'll eat a half pound steak every night, you eat a half pound tofu every night, with your soy milk. We'll go to the topless doughnut shop in a month and objectively record our feelings and physical reaction to stimulis.

I think I could definately make many straight Men gay if I controlled everything they ate, gave hormones etc. Homosexuality is mostly the result of hormonal, biochemical, neurological factors.

Post Tue 15 May, 2007 11:20 am 
wanderer
Official Mainah

Eating too much soy might give a man boobs, but it isn't going to change their sexual preference.

Topless doughnut shop? Laughing

Post Tue 15 May, 2007 12:36 pm 
Vizzini
Lobstah

So what do you think causes a change in sexual preference? Little magic fairies?

A soy and hormone diet, some clockwork orange style brainwashing... you actually don't think I could change someones sexual preference? Please, that is kids play.

The pentagon was actually working on a "gay bomb" recently which supposedly caused uncontrollable homosexual urges in those that were targeted.

Post Tue 15 May, 2007 2:04 pm 
Vizzini
Lobstah

quote:
Originally posted by wanderer:

Topless doughnut shop? Laughing

Yeah! No soy though - bad for tips.

Post Tue 15 May, 2007 2:10 pm 
wanderer
Official Mainah

I don't think anyones sexual orientation "changes". People are either gay or straight. It's just a matter of an individual figuring it out. Some take longer than others. How else do you explain gay children from conservative, steak eating families? How do you explain gay animals that occur naturally in the wild?

Attraction isn't easily explained. It's influenced by culture to a degree, though it is mostly instinctual. If it weren't, species would rapidly become extinct.

Doughnuts ironically are good for developing man boobs as well.

Post Tue 15 May, 2007 2:43 pm 
Vizzini
Lobstah

quote:
I don't think anyones sexual orientation "changes". People are either gay or straight. It's just a matter of an individual figuring it out.

Nah, the only defintion is preference. If you prefer same sex for awhile you are gay for awhile. If you then decide you prefer opposite sex you are straight. If you say you're gay then you are gay because the only definition is current preference.

quote:

How else do you explain gay children from conservative, steak eating families?

Environmental factors, estrogen mimicking agents, hormones in the drinking water, hormonal imbalance from gland problems etc.

quote:

How do you explain gay animals that occur naturally in the wild?

The instinct to reproduce is so strong that the urge remains even in circumstances without any chance of reproduction actually taking place - and it feels good.

Also see above.

Post Tue 15 May, 2007 5:23 pm 
tumbleweed
Official Mainah

quote:
Originally posted by Vizzini:
Whats silly is the idea that says gays are all born that way or they just choose to be gay. Dismissing possible environmental and dietary factors is just goofy, considering we know that certain foods like soy can dramatically effect hormone levels.

We should do some experimentation - I'll eat a half pound steak every night, you eat a half pound tofu every night, with your soy milk. We'll go to the topless doughnut shop in a month and objectively record our feelings and physical reaction to stimulis.

I think I could definately make many straight Men gay if I controlled everything they ate, gave hormones etc. Homosexuality is mostly the result of hormonal, biochemical, neurological factors.

I hate milk and I've never, or will ever eat tofu, and just because something is true for rats doesn't mean the same holds true for humans.Sounds like you are trying to feed me the bull and I'm not biting. What you think you know and what can be scientifically proven are 2 different things.

Your experiment won't work for me because seeing a topless woman and eating a doughnut doesn't sound very stimulating.Call me old fashioned but I like the element of surprise over full disclosure.

Post Tue 15 May, 2007 6:33 pm 
ET1(SS)
Official Pissant

Folks become flaming queers when they touch someone who is already a flamer. It is contagous.

Let one cough on you, and soon your wrists go limp.

Post Tue 15 May, 2007 9:02 pm 
Vizzini
Lobstah

quote:
Originally posted by tumbleweed:

Your experiment won't work for me because seeing a topless woman... doesn't sound very stimulating.

how thophithticated of you

Last edited by Vizzini on Wed 16 May, 2007 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed 16 May, 2007 9:00 am 
Vizzini
Lobstah

quote:

Sounds like you are trying to feed me the bull and I'm not biting. What you think you know and what can be scientifically proven are 2 different things.

I know that massive doses of hormones, hormone mimicking pollutants, hormones in drinking water etc. can effect behavior associated with hormone levels (DUH) and that sexuality/physical attraction is associated with hormone levels.

This is scientific fact. You'd really have to be some kind of narrow minded, agenda-driven bigot to say there is no chance that hormonal factors could influence sexual orientation.

Or... you'd have to be a gay person who doesn't want to consider the possibility that their "preference" is nothing more than a symptom of a simple hormone imbalance (that occurred at one time or another during development or currently).

Post Wed 16 May, 2007 9:23 am 
tumbleweed
Official Mainah

quote:
Originally posted by Vizzini:
quote:

Sounds like you are trying to feed me the bull and I'm not biting. What you think you know and what can be scientifically proven are 2 different things.

I know that massive doses of hormones, hormone mimicking pollutants, hormones in drinking water etc. can effect behavior associated with hormone levels (DUH) and that sexuality/physical attraction is associated with hormone levels.

This is scientific fact. You'd really have to be some kind of narrow minded, agenda-driven bigot to say there is no chance that hormonal factors could influence sexual orientation.

Or... you'd have to be a gay person who doesn't want to consider the possibility that their "preference" is nothing more than a symptom of a simple hormone imbalance (that occurred at one time or another during development or currently).

So far all I hear is it's possible, and nothing to show how probable this theory is. Post your scientific data then that shows that soy has a direct affect on humans sexual preference that involve case studies on humans.

Post Wed 16 May, 2007 11:02 am 

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Around The Water Cooler -> Health Corner