FAQFAQ
   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 In Identity Theft Protection

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Announcements

Howie Carr is leaving ?

Author    Thread
vcarrier
Wanna-be Mainah

Howie Carr is leaving ?

I am very upset that you are not going to carry Howie Carr after April. Formany, this is the only reason we listen! ASTA LAVISTA BABY ! Evil or Very Mad

Post Mon 28 Mar, 2005 8:46 am 
jack
Wanna-be Mainah

move over howie

sorry howie looks like your being bumped . i will admit i did listen, but i am some glad you folks picked up dave . i used to listen to him on another unnamed station , complained that they dropped him and got no response, thank you "VOICE"... trhis is good info that real people can put to good use !!!!!!

Post Tue 29 Mar, 2005 8:56 pm 
vcarrier
Wanna-be Mainah

Dave Ramsey

I agree Dave Ramsey is great. Why must we have either / or Dave or Howie. I travel north daily and want decent shows to listen to on the return. Why can't they share the time.
What is the real reason ? Is Howie demanding more money? or is WGAN strong arming him?
Mad Sad Confused:

Post Wed 30 Mar, 2005 7:38 am 
herbie
Wanna-be Mainah

Howie Carr

I agree with you. I am not happy about VOM dropping Howie. He is very entertaining.

Please don't drop him from the lineup!

Post Wed 30 Mar, 2005 1:42 pm 
jamiepa04
Wanna-be Mainah

howie carr

I will miss howie carr greatlly. I don't know who this new guy is, but I am not looking forward to him and his boring money talk show. I will now be tuning in to Howie on the interent at wrko.com. Bye WCME!

"I didn't come here to be made sport of..."

Post Fri 01 Apr, 2005 9:12 am 
vcarrier
Wanna-be Mainah

YOU FAT BA....... !

I will miss his dry wit and the arrogant and at times. right on, in your face, straight talk! Especially his comments on that beached whale they elected down there (Kennedy) and the "now you see me , now you don't" Senator KerryMO !
WCME has big problems with their station cutting out all the time.
We probably will get used to having him on the internet but I used to laugh my butt all the way home !
Mad Very Happy Cool Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Mad Razz Crying or Very sad

Post Fri 01 Apr, 2005 2:42 pm 
conservative
Wanna-be Mainah

Howie/Dave

Although Howie sometimes overdoes it, I would choose his show or any conservative talk show over money talk or psycobabble shows. If you are interested in replacing a show how about Phil Henry's asinine show?

I'm really sorry you are making this change. You will definitely lose this listener during that time frame.

Post Thu 30 Jun, 2005 7:43 am 
x
From Away

Re: Howie Carr is leaving ?

quote:
Originally posted by vcarrier:
I am very upset that you are not going to carry Howie Carr after April. Formany, this is the only reason we listen! ASTA LAVISTA BABY ! Evil or Very Mad

What happened to this plan? He's still on the air... did they change their minds and decide to keep him?

Post Sat 02 Jul, 2005 12:37 pm 
clmainer
Wanna-be Mainah

howie

First Dr. Laura & now Howie, too? He's the way I relaxed on the long ride home from work. I guess the only thing to do is wait until late fall when I can pick up 680 AM around 5:00 PM & be able to listen then. Too bad all the good stuff is going. How about playing him later & getting rid of Phil Henry? Is there anyone who really listens to his trash? I can usually pick up Dr. Laura at night on 760 AM out of Detroit. Too bad a once good FM talk station is going down the hill. Sirius or XM for my car & home is starting to look good. I used to be thankful that we could pick up a good talk station up here in Aroostook. Too bad.

Post Mon 04 Jul, 2005 6:21 pm 
Stewie_Griffin
Wanna-be Mainah

Re: Howie Carr is leaving ?

quote:
Originally posted by vcarrier:

I quite agree. This is a disgraceful programming decision. Mr. Carr is a valuable, though fat, talent.

Post Wed 13 Jul, 2005 6:51 am 
PaulaJane
Moose

Phil Henry

I used to listen once in awhile, while on my way home from work, to the Phil Henry show. I used to enjoy hearing people call back, being really upset, and believing everything that was said. Hey, I'll admit it... The first few times I turned the radio on, I believed him too. Rolling Eyes

Post Sun 24 Jul, 2005 9:19 am 

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Announcements