FAQFAQ
   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 In Identity Theft Protection

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> The Great Maine Outdoors

Baxter State Park - Fowler Pond

Author    Thread
Chub Fisherman
Official Pissant

Baxter State Park - Fowler Pond

I heading into Fowler pond this weekend for a little trout fishing. I can't wait. The weather maybe a gray,but it still should be a good weekend. If you've never been to Fowler Pond, it is in Baxter. Its a three mile hike in to the ponds which are full of trout. There is middle, lower, and upper Fowler ponds and all are good for fishing. I used to go into High and Long a lot when I was a kid, and we would always hike over to Fowler to try them. Its really a great area, and I'll let you know what I caught, for those interested. I once caught 27 trout from the same rock casting a Mepps Bucktail Spinning lure. ahhhhhh memories

Post Thu 01 Jun, 2006 5:20 am 
The Founder
Forum Governor

I'm not much of an outdoorsy type of guy, but I've enjoyed reading your fishing tales.

I think you should take some of us from the forum with you. Could be a good business idea... charge us a few bucks and show us schmucks how to fish and what the good life is all about. Smile

Post Sat 03 Jun, 2006 7:49 am 
Chub Fisherman
Official Pissant

Now you know it is illegal to guide without a liscense in the state of Maine. So......with that being said, I'm in!

Post Mon 05 Jun, 2006 5:37 am 
Chub Fisherman
Official Pissant

I short on time this morning, but I wanted to tell you that my friends and I made it into Fowler this weekend. Its three miles in from the road at Baxter. we caught a large number of small to mid sized brookies, with the giggest being 12". By the time we made it in it was pour rain with a driving wind. After the first hour my fingers were so numb that it was hard to remove the hook from the fish. I didn't think i was going to last th day but after you enter mild hypothermia, its not bad! The walk back out was more miseable than the freezing rain, but we were stopped by the warden. he thought we were damn fools to be fishing in that weather. Anyway, it was a great time, good fishing and crappy weather. Total number of fish that were caught was around 150, with 10 times as many misses. I caught 5 on the a dry fly that i fished like a wet due to the heavy rain. Laughing
Good Day!

Post Mon 05 Jun, 2006 5:52 am 
x
From Away

quote:
Originally posted by Chub Fisherman:
Now you know it is illegal to guide without a liscense in the state of Maine. So......with that being said, I'm in!

Rules were meant to be broken. If the cop didn't see it... I didn't do it!

Post Sun 11 Jun, 2006 9:13 am 
Chub Fisherman
Official Pissant

I do not codone breaking the law....just stretching it......like politicians! Shocked

Post Tue 13 Jun, 2006 5:24 am 

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> The Great Maine Outdoors