FAQFAQ
   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 In Identity Theft Protection

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Politics

Bush service records
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread
hansol
Forum Mayor

Bush service records

I was wondering what everyone on here thought about this whole Bush service record/memo deal... are they real? Do you care? I don't.. and it doesn't change my mind come election day.

Post Fri 10 Sep, 2004 8:14 pm 
RC
Mosquito

It doesn't change my mind. How are you supposed to figure out what the truth is about any of this crap?

Post Sat 11 Sep, 2004 6:58 am 
PaulaJane
Moose

media

It all depends in which media you listen to/ read. I have been reading yesterday and today about how the docs are fraudulent....I guess they were writtin/typed on a computer, and not a typewriter (which was the tool at that time).
This morning in the Washington Times, it was said that the dates of the supposed docs were written on a date in 1973...in which the man that was supposed to have written them was not working...or had been "honorably discharged in 1972. Oh well.....Just another plot.

Post Sun 12 Sep, 2004 8:54 am 
hansol
Forum Mayor

Re: media

quote:
Originally posted by Sassy:
It all depends in which media you listen to/ read. I have been reading yesterday and today about how the docs are fraudulent....I guess they were writtin/typed on a computer, and not a typewriter (which was the tool at that time).
This morning in the Washington Times, it was said that the dates of the supposed docs were written on a date in 1973...in which the man that was supposed to have written them was not working...or had been "honorably discharged in 1972. Oh well.....Just another plot.

I just read that myself.. I was coming in to update my post with this info. The article started off:

quote:
The man named in a disputed memo as exerting pressure to "sugarcoat" George W. Bush's military record left the Texas Air National Guard a year and a half before the memo supposedly was written, his service record shows.

I hope this all comes out and CBS has egg on their face.. more so.. Danny boy has egg on his face. He was going on about how they did some fact checking prior to the story, but we all know which way they lean in politics. I doubt they did much digging and just wanted to get this tid bit out to the public without getting down to the truth.

Post Sun 12 Sep, 2004 11:48 am 
mainah
Forum Mayor

Re: Bush service records

quote:
Originally posted by hansol:
I was wondering what everyone on here thought about this whole Bush service record/memo deal... are they real? Do you care? I don't.. and it doesn't change my mind come election day.

I think most American people who are on the Bush side will not jump to conclusions on this. I think we know enough to realize that there are people who just create problems and make lies.

Post Sun 12 Sep, 2004 1:43 pm 
Evil Homer
Moose

Documents = FAKE!

John Kerry = FAKE!

Democrat Diversity= FAKE!

Do we see a pattern yet?

Post Mon 13 Sep, 2004 1:15 am 
The Founder
Forum Governor

According to the news this morning it seems even the lib media is saying the same thing about the docs being fake. Dan Rather is on his own I guess. Maybe this will be that career ending move or his legacy Laughing

Post Tue 14 Sep, 2004 6:16 am 
mainah
Forum Mayor

quote:
Originally posted by The Founder:
According to the news this morning it seems even the lib media is saying the same thing about the docs being fake. Dan Rather is on his own I guess. Maybe this will be that career ending move or his legacy Laughing

Isn't he like 70 anyway? I think it's time to move him out to pasture.

Post Tue 14 Sep, 2004 9:40 pm 
hansol
Forum Mayor

I don't know how we can even take this network serious with what's been going on and the fact that their president can't spell.... hell they didn't even have someone to check his spelling before his statement was released.

quote:
Statement by the President of CBS News, Andrew Heyward:

'We established to our satisfaction that the memos were accurate or we would not have put them on television. There was a great deal of coroborating [sic] evidence from people in a position to know. Having said that, given all the questions about them, we believe we should redouble our efforts to answer those questions, so that's what we are doing'...

Post Wed 15 Sep, 2004 7:57 pm 
mainah
Forum Mayor

I read the washington post online this morning and there was a story about how Rather is now starting to think that the documents are suspect.

quote:
"If the documents are not what we were led to believe, I'd like to break that story," Rather said in an interview last night. "Any time I'm wrong, I want to be right out front and say, 'Folks, this is what went wrong and how it went wrong.' "

What really made me laugh is how he said that he wants to break the story if he is wrong.

Hey Dan, I don't think this is breaking news that you're wrong on this. Only 27% of Americans think you're right and the rest have been telling you that you're wrong.

Post Thu 16 Sep, 2004 6:10 am 
Evil Homer
Moose

Dan Blather! He's still trying to keep his head above water. Last night he hauls out this 80 some year old lady that was the eleged secretary to the Col. whose documents that are in question. She says the docs are FAKE, but she knows that was what the man was thinking. OK. Where are my boots and my shovel. This is getting smellier by the second.

Post Thu 16 Sep, 2004 8:04 am 
The Founder
Forum Governor

That's amazing... I hope I have a memory like that when I'm 80. As it is now... some 50 years from 80 I can't seem to remember what I did an hour ago.

Post Thu 16 Sep, 2004 10:11 am 
Evil Homer
Moose

Fake but accurate. Thats a catch phrase for the new generation.

Post Fri 17 Sep, 2004 7:20 am 
hansol
Forum Mayor

CBS... idiots. Maybe they shouldn't been so hell bent to be their liberal selves. None of this would have happened if they hadn't been playing for the Kerry ticket with a one track mind.

I think its time for Rather to go!

I also read on Drudge that the Bush people now want the CBS moderator for the debates replaced. The quote was right on the money:

"Who can trust these CBS people to play it straight [during the debate]? I suspect they will be out for revenge."

Post Mon 20 Sep, 2004 8:27 pm 
Tfin
Mosquito

Good Gawd! I didn't realize they actually had CBS people lined up as moderators for the debates! I also can't believe that the Bush people originally ok'd this.

They should have the master of the "No Spin Zone" handel the moderation. Razz

Post Tue 21 Sep, 2004 7:32 am 

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Politics