FAQFAQ
   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 In Identity Theft Protection

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Introductions & Welcome Center

Greetings and Salutations

Author    Thread
ScottG
Wanna-be Mainah

Greetings and Salutations

I am Scott.. I thought of some clever names that i could dazzle on lookers with.. something inspirational, something unique.. and yet i found myself saying "why bother"

I have lived in Maine most of my life.. I have worked jobs as meager as fast food all the way up to our paper mills.. I am a survivor or Ice Storm having driven through most of it to bring food and warmth to people.. I watched the flood of 1987 as it destroyed the lives of family and friends.. Ive walked through the worst winter storms (remember when it hit negative 30 a few years ago?)

I am not one to sugar coat.. I say things the way I see them.. I will even go as far to say that on some topics im pretty close minded.. mostly due to the type of person that feels the need to tell me im wrong when the worst event to happen in their life was getting a scratch on their Mercedes. I love a good debate though, anything.. bring it on.

I am effected by the economies recent actions.. of course in "recent" I mean January of 2009.. I never even knew it was coming.. I went to bed one night and everything was great.. I woke up and all heck broke loose.

in a nutshell.. I :

am a republicrat - both sides have good views and bad.. I do not vote based on party.

am against non-resident siphoning (and lazy people) - Im not racist, I am against people looking for a place that is giving life away while working and taxing Maine residents to death to help pay the bill and then taking advantage of it..

am tired of our government filling their pockets and looking at us as if to say "what?"

am tired of watching our government slowly turn us into a nation that will rely on the government to help them live..

and if none of this sums me up pretty good.. then let me also add that one of my all time favorite movies is "V for Vendetta"

and I guess that is just about who I am..... in a nut shell

Post Tue 20 Oct, 2009 8:27 pm 
PaulaJane
Moose

It looks like you might want to give mainepatriots.com a look at, or paintmainered.com ... You have like minded beliefs according to your post. Welcome aboard!!

Post Thu 05 Nov, 2009 7:09 am 
Tolerancejr
Wanna-be Mainah

Welcome to the voice

Post Tue 01 Dec, 2009 1:01 am 

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Introductions & Welcome Center