FAQFAQ
   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 In Identity Theft Protection

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Around The Water Cooler

If I Had A Million Dollars ...

Author    Thread
vermin munster
From Away

If I Had A Million Dollars ...

If I had a nose full of nickels ... I would ... _________________________.

Post Wed 26 Aug, 2009 9:05 pm 
Haley
Mosquito

If I had a million dollars I would start by Giving $10,000 to people whom I would choose to share.

Then, We would get a new house and a new Ford SUV Hybrid 4 Wheel Drive. The rest would be used to pay off existing debt and if anything is left to take a trip to California and Texas to see relatives.

Glad to have you back Virmin Munster. Wonder if you had a chance to listen to www.sourceenergyradio.com

I have not listened to WVOM for more than maybe 1 minute at a time, but I do listen, in my car, to NPR.

Post Thu 27 Aug, 2009 1:35 pm 
vermin munster
From Away

if I had a nose full of nickels

If I had a nose full of nickels, I would move to Nunavut.

I hate the summertime, and I refuse to sit at my computer when the weather is hot. My recent absence has been due to the awful period of weather that started on the 15th.

Outside of listening to a little of Hot and Cold or Coast 2 Coast, I don't listen to VOM either. I'm not much more enthusiastic about NPR. The local news people at MPBN are very dedicated, worthy newspeople, but NPR on the national level is no better than any other major corporation. Their reasons for getting rid of Bob Edwards were completely unpalatable.

Like you, Haley, I listen almost exclusively to internet radio - I've been saying for about eight years - that is the future of broadcasting - it's actually narrow-casting, focusing on groups with particular interests. No I haven't listened to that station for which you provided a link. If the weather stays normal, I will listen sometime soon. Some folks say, "Yes, internet radio is good, but we don't have internet in our cars". Not yet. Just wait.

Post Thu 27 Aug, 2009 5:36 pm 
Haley
Mosquito

So good to have you back and I can understand why the weather would have such an effect like it did. We have a strong weather system moving into Downeast Maine.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Calais&state=ME&site=CAR&textField1=45.1337&textField2=-67.2091&e=0

It is interesting that the weather system, calling for Flooding, does not affect Calais or St. Stephens area, but it does get into Eastport and Perry...that is close and hopefully it won't materialize for our neighbors in Machais.

Your topic about the Million dollars sort of goes hand in hand with the radio station I suggested: www.sourceenergyradio.com They have some big names giving thoughts on how to turn a life of poverty into a life of joy. People like Bob Proctor, Wayne Dyer. Wayne sounds like a top professional radio man. In fact, most of the air people sound like pros.

You know what is really strange, Vermin? I thought about this kind of radio nearly exactly as to what they are doing right down to the kind of music they play and how they incorporate the talk. I mean the mix is totally good.

My problem is this. I have to listen to it on the computer and I listen to it day and night. It is on now as I write here. I have to look into one of those WiFi Radios that CCrane advertises, but I know nothing about that kind of radio except I can turn off the computer and still have the radio on and get the station.

With my million bucks I think I Will get Satellite for Computer. Smile

Post Fri 28 Aug, 2009 8:14 am 
the friendly giant
From Away

If I had a million dollars

I would buy Vermin a one-way ticket to Nunavut (wherever that is) just to get him out of here.

Post Tue 01 Sep, 2009 8:01 pm 
Richard4890
Wanna-be Mainah

Give

There are alot more people more than I that need it tahts for sure... I would give 90% away.. The rest would cover all my debt and then some...

Post Wed 09 Sep, 2009 1:01 am 

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Around The Water Cooler