FAQFAQ
   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 In Identity Theft Protection

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Around The Water Cooler

FAIRPOINT Cam Through :lol:

Author    Thread
Haley
Mosquito

FAIRPOINT Cam Through :lol:

Well, I have been working with my DSL for nearly a week now. It's been a battle, between Fairpoint and my significant other who has worked with Fairpoint since middle February we finally got hooked up.

What was really educational about this whole thing was to learn how VERIZON treated Fairpoint at the end of the deal. It seems that VERIZON played all kinds of dirty tricks such as removing all kinds of equipement and material that resulted in a near computer breakdown in our three states.

It seems to me that Fairpoint could somehow make Verizon pay up for all the stuff that they did. Yes, I have only spoken with Fairpoint people. And, it does seem that Fairpoint engineers an advisors ought to have had more supervision on the transiton. It is obvios that something is still going badly for Fairpoint.

They sure don't communicate very well with their customers---at least out where I live they don't.

Post Thu 04 Jun, 2009 5:31 am 
Haley
Mosquito

See what I'm talking about. 37 views on this topic and not one response except the one from myself.

I mean, thousands of people have been PUT on hold by Fairpoint for one reason or another and still not one person has come forth to offer even a glimmer of hope, or an offer to help Fairpoint. Is is Fairpoint or
FlunkPoint? You decide.

Post Sun 21 Jun, 2009 2:28 pm 
Haley
Mosquito

NEVERMIND! I got my DSL and it is working just fine. The only thing is that it is still not fast enough for today's fast internet with YouTube, HULU and even CSpan.

I like to watch National Geographic and other videos on YouTube but they always stop somewhere to keep loading and this is not acceptable. After all I don't have any TV except for my computer and some DVD like Seinfeld and the Carson shows DVDs.

Fairpoint did tell me that DSL was fast enough to handle the videos and it is only with stops. And, until Fairpoint speeds things up they shall be known to me as FLUNKPOINT.

In fact, next time I get a bill I will send it to FLUNKPOINT and see what happens. Maybe they will cut off my telephone. Well not really. I would only go to Time Warner, another winner doing business in Maine.

Post Mon 22 Jun, 2009 5:13 am 
Haley
Mosquito

You should have heard the interview with this guy from some government agency in Maine on WVOM on June 22 in the AM. He was talking about how Fairpoint has had all kinds of problems with customer service to installs.

Why do we allow such crap to go on in Maine? Why does Maine have to get the short end of the stick? Is it the Democrats?

I honest to God cannot understand why Maine gets screwed in so many things like telephone service? It's not like the telephone was just invented for God's sake.

Post Tue 23 Jun, 2009 5:41 am 

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Around The Water Cooler