FAQFAQ
   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 In Identity Theft Protection

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Around The Water Cooler

Could I Ask a Question Please?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author    Thread
vermin munster
From Away

blog on radio leadership (or, lack thereof) - your thoughts?

Interesting thoughts on the topic at hand.

The article below can be found at http://ericrhoads.blogs.com/ink_tank/

A Demand For Radio Leadership Now
A passionate message from Eric Rhoads, Radio Ink magazine

"Abraham Lincoln did not go to Gettysburg having commissioned a poll to find out what would sell in Gettysburg. There were no people with percentages for him, cautioning him about this group or that group or what they found in exit polls a year earlier. When will we have the courage of Lincoln?"
-- Robert Coles

Where Are Radio's Leaders?

The answer lies in this quote from my friend Roy Williams:

"Leadership and management, in my experience, are virtually opposite skill sets. Management requires wisdom, patience and strength. Basically, it's parenting, bringing forward the best of the past, enforcing the status quo. Leadership requires independence, audacity, and courage. It's inherently defiant, questioning the past, challenging the status quo. True leaders require no authority. They think their own thoughts, make their own decisions, carry out their own plans. They say, 'This is what I've decided to do.' And then they do it. Others see them doing it and decide to follow. Leaders lead from the front. Managers manage from behind."

Radio has mistaken management for leadership. We have bred an industry of great managers, but how many risk-takers, how many rebels, how many people willing to challenge the status quo?

Where are the dashing swashbucklers with swords drawn, engaged in a spirited fight to conquer new lands for radio?

Radio used to be filled with Rebels. Where are they now?

How many people feel secure even suggesting something new or different, let alone taking bold action at their radio station or company?

Every ship needs a captain. Who is determining radio's strategy? Who is leading radio into uncharted territory? Who is boldly speaking out to engage the troops? Though some individual companies have bold, risk-taking captains, there appears to be a void in radio as an industry. We are being led by a committee of managers.

I just re-read Sun Tsu's Art of War. He states that the most critical component of winning a war is having soldiers who believe so strongly in a cause they are willing to lay their lives on the line and follow their leader into battle. A defeated brigade must avoid battle at all costs until they can be rested, fed, and re-energized.

Dying for radio is probably not in the cards for any of us, but we have committed our entire careers to this medium. Many of our troops are tired, in need of nourishment and encouragement. Many have been spent, worn to the bone, abused, paperworked, systemized, and made to operate under battle conditions for months or years at a time. How can radio make strides with worn soldiers?

Sadly, words I hear all too frequently are, "When will it be fun again?" And, of course, some self-assured company leader will respond with, "We're not here to have fun, we're here to make a profit."

Indeed.

But if you believe in Raymond Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, you'll understand that radio soldiers who feel they have a bigger purpose and who feel great joy and satisfaction in their work are more likely to make a profit.

Leaders don't make decisions by committee. Leaders don't fire people who disagree. Leaders don't threaten careers if paperwork isn't done. Leaders don't await marching orders from their boards. Leaders don't fly their jets across the country for a five-minute meeting to fire someone and then argue over severance that's a fraction of the cost of the flight. Leaders don't look to find everything that is wrong with radio.

Leaders challenge the status quo and take risks. Leaders burn the bridges behind them and make an all-out commitment to change. Leaders frequently engage their troops, present grand visions, and are willing to break every rule if it means potential success in the future.

These are challenging days for radio. The outcome of decisions we face today on Capitol Hill, in the advertising community, and on many other fronts will determine whether this industry thrives or stumbles.

Are you a leader or a manager? We need both, but we need leaders at every radio station in America willing to lead and spit in the eye of conformity. We need leaders willing to risk their jobs and willing to stand up to those who manage them, and we don't need those who wimp out and kiss up.

We need leaders in programming willing to stop the homogenization and formulaic approach to radio. Sure, it works, but I don't see Americans having a love affair with radio. You can change that. You can make them want to tune in to hear what they've missed. You can entertain and engage them. This is the mark of good programmer, not someone who is a sheep following 30 years of tired and worn science.

We need a true leader at the NAB. We cannot get behind non-industry managers who read speeches written by some novice speechwriter who has never worked in broadcasting and invents lame slogans like "We're the greatest industry in the world" for a leader who's never set foot in a radio station before getting the job. The NAB executive board needs to exhibit leadership and have the guts to hire a true leader.

NAB needs a courageous rebel willing to challenge everything, not a good soldier implementing orders. We need a leader who has spent time behind a microphone, who has attended countless radio promotions, and who has had to make a payroll and has had to call on advertisers. We need someone willing to fight to the death for free speech. Yes we need a lobbyist, too, but we can hire a great lobbyist to follow a great leader.

Everyone, it seems, is lukewarm.

Where is the passion?

Where is the emotion?

Where is the excitement?

Where is the communication?

Where is the guiding star?

I'm tired of calling for change and seeing the status quo maintained. I'm tired of launching conferences with dozens of innovative and groundbreaking speakers and seeing only a few hundred forward-thinking people show up instead of those who need it most. I'm tired of harping about the need to return to important localism, community, and entertainment values and hearing hundreds of radio stations using the same formats, the same liners, the same voices. I'm not living in the past, but I'm tired of CEOs who say, "Eric, those days are gone. You need to face the reality that radio can no longer be about entertainment."

That's like saying the movies can no longer be about entertainment.

Yet I am invigorated when I drive into a small town and hear a young, squeaky-voiced talent learning and growing live on the air. It gives me hope, it's authentic, and in my mind it's more listenable than some slick, golden-throated pro talking about "10 in a row" or "The greatest hits." That may be pretty, but it no longer stands out.

Radio needs a leader willing to stand up against all odds and make change happen. Who is Mrs. or Mr. Radio? We need to find you. We need to hire you. Our future depends on it.

Eric Rhoads

To respond, go to COMMENTS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Sun 09 Aug, 2009 4:38 pm 
Haley
Mosquito

Virmin Munster, thank you, thank you, thank you. That is the best piece on radio that I have ever read.

The reality is that radio as we knew it is dead. In fact, radio has not in my lifetime ever amounted to what Eric Rhodes wrote about. The guys that did stand out got killed. Eric Berg was murdered. The Leaders in radio that Eric spoke about got fired from their jobs and could not get rehired because they stood out as "Trouble makers."

Programmers came on the scene and programmed music and even told the leaders what they could say on a 5X5 card. These programmers didn't work out of the market they programmed because they had five or 10 other stations they programmed.

The last really good radio in Bangor left when Jerry Evans sold out and then Clear Channel bought WVOM from the guy who bought it from Jerry. That was back in I think 2000. But, Maine is not alone for keeping local leaders at bay. Yet, they allow some of the most dis hearting radio talk show hosts to do crazy things on the air like what Glenn Beck does and the rest of the Conservative talk show hosts.

Even NPR has become mundane.

Now, what is most amazing is that places like The Voice of Maine, where people can express their opinions and interact with real people who do not have to pass some test to get on the "air" does not have a huge following. I can not understand this.

Thanks again, virmin Munster for posting that report. It's a keeper.

Post Mon 10 Aug, 2009 5:45 pm 
vermin munster
From Away

"The last really good radio in Bangor left when Jerry Evans sold out and then Clear Channel bought WVOM from the guy who bought it from Jerry. That was back in I think 2000. But, Maine is not alone for keeping local leaders at bay. Yet, they allow some of the most dis hearting radio talk show hosts to do crazy things on the air like what Glenn Beck does and the rest of the Conservative talk show hosts."

Thanks for the compliment, Haley. I was Operations Manager under Jerry, and I foolishly stayed for 16 months after he left. I reached the breaking point in the aftermath of 9-11 when Clear Channel dictated what programs we would air. For two weekends afterward we were told to wipe out all our regular programming to carry Clear Channel programs (I mean really bad, third-rate radio), mostly hosted by Limbaugh wanna-bes like Glenn Beck and goofballs like John and Ken, who we carried for a few years until our listeners made it clear they didn't want John and Ken on their air. So CC in their infinite wisdom force us to carry J&K who our audience had already rejected! We were forced to pick up Beck (who's performance during the 9-11 aftermath was embarassingly bad) because he was live from 9-noon where we had been airing Dr Laura which was recorded the previous day. All radio stations sign agreements with programs to carry the programs and a bunch of national inventory (commercials) - it's a contract. We had to sign affidavits certifying that their ads had run. And Clear Channel told us we didn't need to honor those contracts - we'd worry about it later, if at all. When I heard that, I quit on the spot.
I don't blame Jerry for selling the two stations - he worked harder than anyone I've ever known and he deserves every bit of his success. He's earned it all. It was a true pleasure to learn from him. I was honored to be a part of his operation, especially during the Ice Storm of 98. But what Clear Channel has done everywhere they've gone is buy out all the stations in a market, consolidate them in one location, alienate the audience they had by tapioca-izing everything, and then leave. (One example of how they operate: When Dan Priestly was running an oldies format on WGUY, he had 20,000 songs in the rotation. When Clear Channel took over, that rotation went to 2,000! Only market-tested songs made it to air. People don't want that.)
So then who can afford to buy a centralized 9-station radio group? Only another large foolish corporation like Blueberry. Mom and Pop can't afford to buy it, so we get more corporate crap and nothing else.
Jerry's in the Lake Tahoe area now, with a couple radio stations on the air, and someone pointed me to this link a few days ago, where you can hear him host a webradio show on hunting (there's a nice photo of him, too): http://www.scifirstforhunters.org/static/radio/
Sorry to go on so long here, but radio is my major passion in life, and anybody who messes with it deserves only my gold-plated farts.

Post Mon 10 Aug, 2009 10:29 pm 
PaulaJane
Moose

Adaquate healthcare yes!! Not being paid for by we the people. As soon as the government got their greedy hands into it, the cost has more than tripled.
We need to learn how to go back to the days of tending our gardens, eating nutrients and not the toxins and poisons that are in todays foods.

Post Tue 11 Aug, 2009 3:00 am 
Haley
Mosquito

Thank you again, Vermin Munster. I have waited for years to find out what you told in one short page which you filled with answers to my questions. Again, THANK YOU!

I read your message twice. Went over to Jerry's web page. He looks a little older, but actually happier than I recall how he looked at WVOM when he was just about to sell out. I guess I just can't understand why he sold this operation. It was the only station in this part of Maine that did any REAL Radio. I mean WVOM covers a huge part of Maine.

Maybe you can tell me, Vermin, why, why, why keep Howie Carr on during afternoon drive? Sure, I like Howie. I know he was born in Maine, but that doesn't suggest that all Mainers give a darn about what is happening with the Boston Globe, and the crooked politicians in Boston. I know that Mass used to have Maine, but that was then.

I will say this about WVOM and this is good. I really like Ric Tyler. I think Ric does one of the finest jobs in radio as I have ever heard. Ric could work in any large market in this country. His board work is great, his quick comebacks are extraordinary. Maine is so fortunate to have such a talent, in my opinion.

One question further, Vermin. Does Blueberry Broadcasting own this discussion board? And, if they do why don't they promote it. I mean this place ought to be humming with activity about Maine.

I love to talk radio too. I hope you can say more and more. Oh, did you work with Ric at when they were CC?

Best to you, Vermin and thanks again, Haley

Post Tue 11 Aug, 2009 9:02 am 
Haley
Mosquito

Hey, hey, Paula. I could not agree with you more when you said,

"We need to learn how to go back to the days of tending our gardens, eating nutrients and not the toxins and poisons that are in todays foods."

But, the reason people don't do this is because they are lazy. Look at people. You know who I'm talking about, Paula. These are the people who sit around and watch TV movies on Satellite and eat all kinds of bad food in the process. These are the people who run health care up off the scale.

Years ago, before there was power steering, and motor less lawn mowers, men had really strong arms and bodies. Today, the men are like marshmallows. They are soft. And this has been going on for decades. Now these men have altered their DNA by how they have been living for years and years and they pass this softness down to their boys and their boys do the same thing and now you got sick people. And, they have to be taken care of and that costs money and because people won't get off their ass and change their lives by eating right and exercising right the government steps in and takes over their lives.

You see that happening today with the national health care programs.

Oh, if you want to get back to eating right visit this place, the girl who wrote the book is a friend of all who care about themselves.

www.togetherpublishing.com

I know you will like this place, enjoy, Haley

Post Tue 11 Aug, 2009 9:11 am 
the friendly giant
From Away

haley and mr munster

maybe you two should get a room.

Post Tue 11 Aug, 2009 4:08 pm 
vermin munster
From Away

jerry, howie, ric, and The Founder

"... guess I just can't understand why he sold this operation. It was the only station in this part of Maine that did any REAL Radio. I mean WVOM covers a huge part of Maine."

Jerry sold the stations, VOM and WBYA (adult alternative - and we've heard nothing that good since it left the air), to Eastern Radio Assets who are located in Michigan. When he broke the news to me, he said "They made me an offer I couldn't refuse." It was a LOT of money - more than four times what he paid for them (but that's tempered by how much he had to invest in raising WSNV (pre-VOM) out of the pit it was in when he bought it.) At any rate, he at least doubled his investments. Not bad for only 6 years. What we didn't know (and I include Jerry in that "we") is that Eastern Radio Assets is a bunch of speculators who specialize in finding out where Clear Channel is likely to buy stations, and they get there first. They bought the group of stations (I believe it was 11 total) for something like 20 million, held them for two or three months, and then sold them to Clear Channel for 4 million more. Jerry loves radio and he enjoyed being a big fish in a small pond, but money talks. He grew up rather poor (Northern California) and money equals security when you've been poor.

"Maybe you can tell me, Vermin, why, why, why keep Howie Carr on during afternoon drive? Sure, I like Howie. I know he was born in Maine, but that doesn't suggest that all Mainers give a darn about what is happening with the Boston Globe, and the crooked politicians in Boston. I know that Mass used to have Maine, but that was then."

Originally, Howie was brought on by Jerry because of the New England connection. When we picked him up his network consisted of a lot of small stations throughout New England and (believe it or not) a station in Seattle.
I never cared for the program, but for the first few years it did extremely well in the ratings. When something performs that well and then slacks off, programmers are reluctant to replace it, hoping it might resurge.

"I will say this about WVOM and this is good. I really like Ric Tyler. I think Ric does one of the finest jobs in radio as I have ever heard. Ric could work in any large market in this country. His board work is great, his quick comebacks are extraordinary. Maine is so fortunate to have such a talent, in my opinion."

Ric is an amazing talent, and I consider him a friend, though we haven't been in contact for a few years. We attended the same church for a few years, and he's the most professional guy I've worked with in this market. He was with channel 7 at the time as their weatherman, and Jerry brought him in to do our weather. I worked closely with him on that. The talk radio format is a lot "tighter" than music formats, and I needed :30 weather reports - no more, no less. During the week Ric would phone the weather in, but on Fridays he'd come into the studio and record 12 reports for the weekend so that it had studio quality. He would sit there with his stop watch and rattle off 12 perfect :30 weather reports without ever actually looking at the watch!! Jerry also had him come in as guest host for the morning show with Tom Morelli and Charlie Horne to liven things up. His energy is amazing. It was always fun to work with him.

"Does Blueberry Broadcasting own this discussion board? And, if they do why don't they promote it. I mean this place ought to be humming with activity about Maine."

No, they don't. thevoiceofmaine.com was a domain owned by the Founder of this forum. He maintained it for VOM, but the local managers for Clear Channel decided to have one of their own (a WKSQ employee) create a new site, renamed WVOM-FM.com, and they stiffed Founder for something around two thousand dollars. He never got paid for his services, so he decided to maintain the domain as a discussion board for people who wanted to continue free-thinking free speech. He's a peach of a guy, and deserves a lot of credit for maintaining the forum for so long.

I hope that answers your questions, Haley. Almost time for me to leave work - otherwise I'd probably keep babbling at you.

Post Tue 11 Aug, 2009 11:46 pm 
Haley
Mosquito

You know Vermin Munster, when I first came here I never expected to have all my questions answered about WVOM. I didn't know that Ric did the weather on VOM nor did I hear him when he worked with the Brewer Photographer. I do remember listening to Charlie and Tom. Then, Tom got a lot risqué and I guess he got canned. Then, later, Ric appeared on TV News, did a really good job, the gal who went to work for the election of the Mayor came back and soon after that Channel 2 fired Ric. I can't believe that happened to him. But, it was for a good reason because today Ric has many times more influence doing what he is doing than the people in news at channel 2 does put together. I don't mean to be sarcastic, only Ric deserved so much better than getting canned.

Don't know what you are doing today for work, VM, but hopefully you are in a radio related position. It is a shame not to have someone like you on board just to keep things interesting. Have you done any air work yourself?

Oh, by the way, it has been a number of years but when Jerry sold VOM and I saw his demeanor at that time in his life, he didn't look good, and as a matter of fact he looked sour---guilty. I was not happy with Jerry at all and I think Charlie Horn was literally pissed about it all too. I mean, WVOM had not reached it's real glory and it still hasn't yet. Maybe they could bring you on and straighted things out. For example, I am convinced that if VOM did a local afternoon drive they could literally sew up the advertising dollars right there at VOM and the Augusta operation. But, like you said, these managers are not programmers and that is why I think VOM has lost a lot of listeners. Who in hell wants to listen to a raving Sean Hannity making war all the time?

I had to turn off Rush Limbaugh today because he is always out to start discord.

I better stop now too, VM, I guess you can tell that i as well as you have a passion for radio.

Take care, Man. Thanks for being so candid about everything. I hope a lot of interested radio people can read your messages here, and thanks especially to FOUNDER. Thanks, man to you for this Place. I hope more people would come here.

Post Wed 12 Aug, 2009 3:58 pm 
Haley
Mosquito

Hey, friendly Giant, that is soooo nice of you to think about VM and Haley in such a precious way.

I don't believe that you are not friendly. In fact, I would like you to be included in the room with me and VM. You could be a caller calling in to a radio talk show, I would be like Ric Tyler, and VM could be like George Hale. Would you like to do that?

Good! Bless you many times over...

Post Wed 12 Aug, 2009 4:01 pm 
vermin munster
From Away

more radio stuff

"I didn't know that Ric did the weather on VOM nor did I hear him when he worked with the Brewer Photographer. I do remember listening to Charlie and Tom. Then, Tom got a lot risqué and I guess he got canned."

No, Tom didn't get fired, he just wanted to be paid more than the going rate, so he left; and I don't blame him - worst thing in the world to get up at 3 or 4 am. On more than one occasion he fell asleep during the show and Charlie picked up the slack.

"Then, later, Ric appeared on TV News, did a really good job, the gal who went to work for the election of the Mayor came back and soon after that Channel 2 fired Ric. I can't believe that happened to him. But, it was for a good reason because today Ric has many times more influence doing what he is doing than the people in news at channel 2 does put together. I don't mean to be sarcastic, only Ric deserved so much better than getting canned."
Yeah, Ric loved the anchor gig, and he was devastated when they told him they wanted to shake things up. Basically they told him he wasn't pretty enough (funny because he used to joke "what red-blooded American male would watch me when he could be getting the same news from Sharon Pelletier?") Channel 2 told him they loved him and he was welcome to stay on as a street reporter, but they wanted a more photogenic anchor in the chair. He thought about it and prayed about it, and decided to leave. I remember several prophecies were spoken over him in church about better things waiting for him in the near future, and they have proved true. (BTW, Mike and Mike of WKSQ were both members at the same church! One of them was an elder!)

"Don't know what you are doing today for work, VM, but hopefully you are in a radio related position. It is a shame not to have someone like you on board just to keep things interesting. Have you done any air work yourself?"

After quitting Clear Channel, I had a rough time - worked at K-Mart for awhile, and then there was an opening for a master control operator at Maine Public Broadcasting. I've been here for 5 and a half years. TV doesn't compare to my love of radio, but it's a decent job (much better than K-Mart!) I spend a lot of time at home working with audio.
At VOM I voiced a bunch of commercials and produced several thousand.
The only air work I did was hosting the annual Halloween specials - I've been a collector of Old Time Radio shows for 30 years, and I know what I'm talking about, so I felt comfortable with that. My burning passion is production - audio mixing and the like. Radio in this area is dead - only people who are long-established or willing to kiss ass are working in radio now. I have a friend who's worked in radio for over 30 years - in April he moved to Colorado to take a radio job at a small station. He's not very happy, as the owner/GM is a dead ringer for George Costanza's mother.
So now he's stuck in the eastern Colorado desert with no way out in the immediate future.

"Oh, by the way, it has been a number of years but when Jerry sold VOM and I saw his demeanor at that time in his life, he didn't look good, and as a matter of fact he looked sour---guilty. I was not happy with Jerry at all and I think Charlie Horn was literally pissed about it all too. I mean, WVOM had not reached it's real glory and it still hasn't yet. Maybe they could bring you on and straighted things out. For example, I am convinced that if VOM did a local afternoon drive they could literally sew up the advertising dollars right there at VOM and the Augusta operation. But, like you said, these managers are not programmers and that is why I think VOM has lost a lot of listeners. Who in hell wants to listen to a raving Sean Hannity making war all the time?"

Jerry didn't seem sour to me at all after the sale. He was actually pretty happy. He did seem to change a year later when he ran for State Rep from Bangor and got trounced. (70% to 30%). His opponent, the ever-sleazy Sean Faircloth, did absolutely no campaigning until the last week when he spread a bunch of lies about Jerry and there was no time left for Jerry to refute them. It was shortly after that that he decided to leave Maine. I think he was hurt a lot by the rejection.

"I had to turn off Rush Limbaugh today because he is always out to start discord."
Al Franken was right: Rush Limbaugh is a big, fat idiot. There's a guy who could never hold a job in broadcasting - I've heard his own father fired him at one point. He looked around for a gimmick and patterned himself after the then very "hot" Bob Grant of WOR in NYC. He was on VOM in the very early days. Grant was arch-conservative and extremely abusive of the audience. Limbaugh decided to spout the same philosophy but do it politely. The civility of the discussions would make the conservative ideas more palatable. He started spewing the conservative philosophy even though he himself didn't really believe in it, and people ate it up; he started to believe that he was the new conservative poster boy. The dittoheads made him believe what he was saying was true. I have no doubt he is an arch-conservative now, but he didn't start out that way. All that money he made changed him. Cyndi Lauper was right.
Enuff for today - I have to clear out and head for the hip-hop contest at the Ramada.

Post Wed 12 Aug, 2009 10:58 pm 
Haley
Mosquito

Vermin Munster, I am really thrilled to have such an open "conversation" about a subject that at one time I lived and breathed. Hopefully, your messages would get read by people like Ric Tyler, and other radio people in the Maine Market.

One thing that I simply cannot understand and this by no means that I object or do I have any dislike for George Hale. I don't get it why George gets top billing on the morning show. Why would they choose a so-called Liberal to host a show and pick out a far leaning right Conservative to co host the show? I know that there were times that these two guys really did not like each other and in my view this is not good for morning radio.

I mean I don't listen to get pissed off first thing when I wake up. Am I missing something here or what?

Then, when George goes to Florida for a few weeks they get in this babe, can't right now remember her name, but she literally tore a new, you know what, in Ric Tyler and Ric swore she'd never be back. Yet, together, they actually made that morning show exciting. I mean, this girl did not stand down to Ric who is a very powerful personality type. Plus, he's at the controls and with a flick of a mouse he cuts them off.

So, why would they keep George, who must be close to 125 years old as head morning show host? And I don't mean to be fractious about this. Maybe I do.

Post Thu 13 Aug, 2009 7:47 am 
Haley
Mosquito

Vermin Munster: " Channel 2 told him they loved him and he was welcome to stay on as a street reporter, but they wanted a more photogenic anchor in the chair. He thought about it and prayed about it, and decided to leave."

In effect he got canned. OK, the truth is that Ric did have a rather large head and I mean that physically. To look at him one would notice that his head was really big for his body. But, that could have easily been dealt with by shooting him differently and of course re lighting the set.

I think the real truth is that the News Director, I believe she was the News Director, left to help on the Governor's campaign. While away Ric Tyler did the anchor spot and did a remarkable job, in my opinion, as a former TV Anchor myself on sports. So I have a little more knowledge about TV than some people. Then, when the News Director came back she took over as Anchor person and that is when they offered Ric the position you speak about knowing damn well that he would leave which made it not so uncomfortable to have him around at the 2.

I am so happy for Ric, however, that he has emerged as a leading radio personality in the State of Maine---right up there with George Hale.

Post Thu 13 Aug, 2009 3:24 pm 
the friendly giant
From Away

three-way?

quote:
Originally posted by Haley:
Hey, friendly Giant, that is soooo nice of you to think about VM and Haley in such a precious way.

I don't believe that you are not friendly. In fact, I would like you to be included in the room with me and VM. You could be a caller calling in to a radio talk show, I would be like Ric Tyler, and VM could be like George Hale. Would you like to do that?

Good! Bless you many times over...

Tsk, tsk, Haley. Are you suggestings a three-way? I wouldn't be interested especially if it involves the likes of Ric and Geogre. But thank you for the invitation. I'm going to eat my mashed potatoes now.

Post Sun 16 Aug, 2009 4:21 pm 
Haley
Mosquito

OK,Friendly Giant, you have piqued my interest. What is it about Ric and George that you would not like to have a three-way? And, if you feel that strong about it we could CHANGE. I could be like crazy Glenn Beck and I would bring along my analyst, and Vermin Munster could be say, Keith Oberman of MSNBC. Does that sound a little more to your liking?

Tell me about Ric and George, Please.

Post Mon 17 Aug, 2009 5:11 am 

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Around The Water Cooler