FAQFAQ
   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 In Identity Theft Protection

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Around The Water Cooler

The Ruins of Detroit

Author    Thread
Leonard of Old Town
Official Mainah

The Ruins of Detroit

Want to see what is in store for the rest of America?

Here is a photo essay by two French photographers on the ruins of Detroit, a once great city, the most modern of American cities:

http://reliques.online.fr/detroit/detroit04.html

More can be seen on detroityes.com, under "The Ruins of America."

Post Fri 24 Apr, 2009 3:42 pm 
Miss Information
Mosquito

wow... those are some really nice pictures.

Post Tue 28 Apr, 2009 6:46 pm 
Haley
Mosquito

Well, the ruin of Detroit is inevitable. And we can thank GM, Chrysler, Ford, Studebaker and I believe the Hudson company also figurs in too. Why is this? Well, long ago Henry Ford and Edison got together and wanted to introduce the Electric car. And, Porsche of Germany, developed an electric before he engineered the gas job.

The whole thing with GM and Chrysler and Ford is this: Winners Nevr Cheat and Cheaters Never Win. GM long ago could have been heros if they would have gone the electric way when they had the chance. But, they chose to Cheat and go with the Big Oil Boys like Ronald Reagan, George Herbert Walker Bush, and GW Bush have. In fact, when Jimmy Carter was President, he pushed the idea of electric and solar power. In fact, Jimmy had some solar panels put up on the White House and when good 'ol boy Ronnie Reagan was elected he tore them down like he did when he turn down the electic idea when he became governor of California.

I don't want to get boring, but I think you get the idea.

GM Destroyed themselves because Cheaters Never Win.[/code]

Post Thu 14 May, 2009 1:29 pm 
Leonard of Old Town
Official Mainah

Good point...no doubt GM shares some of the blame.

It's a historical process, like what happened to industry in Britain in the sixties.

They don't build cars in Zimbabwe either.

I heard that a skyscaper in downtown Detroit sold for $15,000.

These are truly the ruins of a collapsed civilization.

Also, I heard that there is one zip code in New York City where they don't deliver the mail any more. I can't imagine people making mail deliveries to some parts of Detroit either. Too dangerous....much too dangerous....

Post Thu 14 May, 2009 2:12 pm 
Haley
Mosquito

I never thought of it that way, Lenoard, i.e., about how Detroit evolved into a huge getto-like city. GM didn't have anything to do with that. It happened when GM was touted as the Largest Corp on Earth.

You know what this country needs in places like Detroit, Chicago, New York City? They ought to hire an Army of Janitors to go in and just clean up the place. I've always said that Security Officers and Janitors are the most important people in a company or in the government, but they are poorly paid and spat upon by the Ivy League crowd who now control GM.

Post Thu 14 May, 2009 3:42 pm 
Leonard of Old Town
Official Mainah

Yes, you are right about that.

They are the most important people. Without them, the company stops immediately.

Post Thu 14 May, 2009 3:47 pm 
Haley
Mosquito

Let's put it this way, Leonard. In my corporation the janitors and security service would report directly to me and in fact they would be included in all high level meetings. Yes, the janitors and security would be required to have an equivalent of something such as a secret crypto security clearance which would permit them to go and be anywhere in and around the corporation physicality.

If GM had implemented this plan they would not be licking the boots of Obama today. Neutral

And FORD with their arrogance would not be telling a genius, like Andy Frank that he's, in so many words, "a bum."

Post Fri 15 May, 2009 5:30 am 

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Around The Water Cooler