FAQFAQ
   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 In Identity Theft Protection

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Website Suggestions & Feedback

Slow Traffic on this VOM Forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread
Chuck
Official Mainah

Slow Traffic on this VOM Forum

Like this has not happened before when CENSORSHIP Raised Its UGLY Head. People do not like getting messages saying: "Don't use this word." We get enough Censorship daily in our lives and we come to places like this to get stuff off our chest.

There is a forum called Godlike Productions where they use the most awlful language; they get thousands of participants, but also a lot of bad stuff. I have noticed that since some of us have gotten "private" messages that the participation level has decreased sharply.

Well, perhaps here's another Maine business that shot itself in the head.

Rest in Peace!

Post Wed 22 Jun, 2005 3:31 am 
Leonard_Fan2005
Mosquito

Re: Slow Traffic on this VOM Forum

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck:
Like this has not happened before when CENSORSHIP Raised Its UGLY Head. People do not like getting messages saying: "Don't use this word." We get enough Censorship daily in our lives and we come to places like this to get stuff off our chest.

There is a forum called Godlike Productions where they use the most awlful language; they get thousands of participants, but also a lot of bad stuff. I have noticed that since some of us have gotten "private" messages that the participation level has decreased sharply.

Well, perhaps here's another Maine business that shot itself in the head.

Rest in Peace!

Moooo....

Post Wed 22 Jun, 2005 4:48 am 
The Founder
Forum Governor

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck:
I have noticed that since some of us have gotten "private" messages that the participation level has decreased sharply.

I would much rather have a slower rate of growth with higher quality then to have what was going on here.

By the way... Auntie hasn't been banned. She's welcome to post (even if she told me to kiss her ass) but she has to follow the rules and special rules for her. Let's face it.. If I banned: republicrat, democreep, GD (or any variation of GD), cheerleading fools, etc etc her posts would be virtually empty and meaningless.

Post Wed 22 Jun, 2005 6:36 am 
RC
Mosquito

"I would much rather have a slower rate of growth with higher quality then to have what was going on here."

I agree. It got to be for a while that when I read a majority of the posts, I ended up leaving pissed off at all the garbage.

We need more variety to the postings (such as a sports thread that was started) to bring new people in.

Post Wed 22 Jun, 2005 7:03 am 
whynot
Official Mainah

Ok Chuck..now you cried your river of tears. Next....

Deep stuff on Godlike productions chuck

Example :

Re: I Am a Hamster Healer...Give Me Your Hamsters

my Hamster has been mauled by a big fat cat
you have my permission to heal him
his name is bacon
strut your stuff, im going to watch him get better will give you ten minutes k thanks

Post Thu 23 Jun, 2005 5:04 am 
colbycoolage
Official Mainah

I think there would be a lot more posters if people felt free to post without fearing that they would suffer personal attack for their beliefs.

I am just as guilty of this as others on here. I suppose I should not respond to the thread killers as much as I do (it only encourages them), but then again nothing else is done about those type of people.

Post Thu 23 Jun, 2005 6:13 am 
The Founder
Forum Governor

quote:
Originally posted by colbycoolage:
I think there would be a lot more posters if people felt free to post without fearing that they would suffer personal attack for their beliefs.

I am just as guilty of this as others on here. I suppose I should not respond to the thread killers as much as I do (it only encourages them), but then again nothing else is done about those type of people.

Bring it to my attention and I'll deal with the situation.

Post Thu 23 Jun, 2005 9:27 am 
whynot
Official Mainah

quote:
Originally posted by colbycoolage:

Waa waa waaa ... Colby stop suckin your thumb and listen up. You have never had a fear of posting..ever..You post on every topic as an expert on everything...You have the final word on 63 threads as i speak and that even includes tech and announcements..... In fact, there were times i had to check to see if this is VOM or the voice of Colby,,

,Now i know it's me your boo hooing about...so i do swear as of tomarrow...friday..I will not ever say the word...colby ....or respond to one of your master pieces again. Even if it is the funniest thing i ever read..an un-truth or just plain crazy. I do this so the founder can get some rest and that your warm and fuzzy feelings are not hurt and you can stop your insane double and triple posting.

Now dry them tears...and when you wake up in the morning..it will be all yours...yours...yours....forever and ever.... Wink Wink

Post Thu 23 Jun, 2005 3:19 pm 
colbycoolage
Official Mainah

I do not even post on half of the thread on the fourm WHY. I have even less post than you do.

I said I was just as guilty as the next guy as well so how is it WHAAAAA

Honestly are you that starved for attation you have to open your mouth on every thread(FYI your name is a heck of a lot more prevelent on threads than mine)

Post Sat 25 Jun, 2005 3:22 am 
whynot
Official Mainah

See Colby you can not stop yourself. You whine and carry on and the first thing you do is start in with the half-whitted comments. You need to change that diaper and either take it and stop crying or stop commenting on every thing i say like you did today.....what a dork. It seems you want censorship for everyone but yourself. waaaaaaa.
P.s. You should be ashamed of lying about teaching spanish or any subject for that manner. Teachers have a hard enought time getting their job done without a bafoon like you pretending to be one.

65 threads Colby....a new worlds record. When you were swamping the boards trying to grab points....I made sure i gave mine to the person who really deserved them on this board. In the beginning i even gave you some because i felt sorry for you. I soon learned that was a mistake. Now my offer still stands...If you can zip the zipper..i will have no problem with advoiding your demented rambling posts. However if you keep engageing me ..don't be shocked if i answer..in kind....

Post Sat 25 Jun, 2005 5:16 am 
whynot
Official Mainah

[quote="Leonard_Fan2005
Moooo....
[/quote]

Post Sat 25 Jun, 2005 5:27 am 
colbycoolage
Official Mainah

I'll fess up lying about being a teacher if you'll fess up lying about being a decent person Smile

It is those type of attacks on personal character that keep the traffic and membership on this forum down. But then again elitist snobs like having things all to themselves.

It's quite cute too that the only time I need to be censored is after you've responded to me with a personal attack.

Post Sat 25 Jun, 2005 10:20 pm 
whynot
Official Mainah

Colby...we know you have a habit of ...errr..lying is such a harsh term...let's say..fibbing. I never claimed i was any type of decent or indecent person...Iam however honest..like it or lump it.

As far as wanting the board to yourself ...you may have that wish(third and last time offered) by zipping your trap up and not responding and i will honor my pledge to you. Very Happy your choice...

Post Sun 26 Jun, 2005 7:55 am 
colbycoolage
Official Mainah

honest your as honest as a used car salesman!

Post Mon 27 Jun, 2005 11:56 pm 
whynot
Official Mainah

Sorry founder i tried..his mouth never stops ...So i hardly think he can keep crying when he brings it on himself.I do give him credit for admitting he is a fake..it takes a big man to do that. A very big man. Wink

Post Tue 28 Jun, 2005 10:20 am 

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Website Suggestions & Feedback