FAQFAQ
   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 In Identity Theft Protection

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Around The Water Cooler -> Health Corner

Maine Teen Pregnancy Rates Continue To Decline
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread
PaulaJane
Moose

Condoms

Originally posted by wanderer:
Haven't you heard? The younger generation doesn't consider oral sex, sex.

If that is the case, then it would be down right painful if these "teens" actually think they are munching down a yummy chocolate.

I guess we should change the phrase from 'oral sex' to oral?

Post Wed 16 May, 2007 8:38 am 
Neal
Wanna-be Mainah

quote:
Originally posted by wanderer:
Teens getting knocked up has always been a common occurence. Cucumbers or not.

In any case, less unwanted pregnancies is always welcome news. No?

No. Christians need more teen pregnancies to catch up to the Islamics who have many wives and have an average of 10 to 15 children each.

We should be doing more to help these young women, not discourage them.

Abortion should be illegal.

Post Sun 19 Jul, 2009 7:03 am 
PaulaJane
Moose

You know I've been in a quarndry over this issue. With my youngest being due shortly, it is my firm belief that the two consenting parties should do what's right and get married.

The male factor is a young loser, not working, quit school, just wants to hang out and leech off his mother, or anyone else that will take him in. Just ran away from home because his mother is demanding that he get a job and help towards his support. I spoke to him previous to knowing that she was already pregnant and inquired about 'safe sex'. He wasn't the least bit concerned. I asked him what if? He responded with, "I don't know." I responded with duh...

The female factor, being my daughter and being that she may see this or read it some day... You do understand now why I can't say much on here, but do use your imagination if possible. With a paper bag of over 40 condoms she collected from school.. YES, they came in all flavors!!! neglected to demand that they be used.

So, who is at fault here? Should my daughter support her and the baby? Should I demand that they be married and both be the responsible parents? Does it matter if they 'get along' or not?
My dad taught me, 'you made your bed, lie in it'. I go along with that statement.

The reality of this whole thing is... it will be my husband and I doing the raising of this child. The reality is... it will be the state raising this child.

I say they were both irresponsible, and they should both pay for their pleasure. Your opinion? Shot g-n wedding? adoption? state raise it? Mom and dad raise it?

Post Sun 19 Jul, 2009 11:39 pm 
Neal
Wanna-be Mainah

quote:
Originally posted by PaulaJane:
You know I've been in a quarndry over this issue. With my youngest being due shortly, it is my firm belief that the two consenting parties should do what's right and get married.

The male factor is a young loser, not working, quit school, just wants to hang out and leech off his mother, or anyone else that will take him in. Just ran away from home because his mother is demanding that he get a job and help towards his support. I spoke to him previous to knowing that she was already pregnant and inquired about 'safe sex'. He wasn't the least bit concerned. I asked him what if? He responded with, "I don't know." I responded with duh...

The female factor, being my daughter and being that she may see this or read it some day... You do understand now why I can't say much on here, but do use your imagination if possible. With a paper bag of over 40 condoms she collected from school.. YES, they came in all flavors!!! neglected to demand that they be used.

So, who is at fault here? Should my daughter support her and the baby? Should I demand that they be married and both be the responsible parents? Does it matter if they 'get along' or not?
My dad taught me, 'you made your bed, lie in it'. I go along with that statement.

The reality of this whole thing is... it will be my husband and I doing the raising of this child. The reality is... it will be the state raising this child.

I say they were both irresponsible, and they should both pay for their pleasure. Your opinion? Shot g-n wedding? adoption? state raise it? Mom and dad raise it?

Any of the above for now, then I would try to make some fundemental changes in the way we live so it's easier to raise children.

First, employers need to be encouraged to provide on site childcare for their workers.

The US needs to move the living space within walking distance of the work place. These long commutes are killing us literally. It's time to be more like Europe and Russia and revive the company town concept--- eliminate commuting to work.

To get started, employers should allow their employees to pitch tents in the parking lot, then the employess should sell their cars, and houses, and move into the tents. Before winter build yurts or small A frame cabins to withstand the snow loads.

Now after the men go to work, the women can help each other with childcare. Take turns watching the children. One or two women can watch everyones children, some women can work with the men. Women will have more free time. Kids love being around lots of other kids, they will be really happy and easy to care for.

I lived in a Haight-Ashbury hippy commune many years ago. We had our own business, and the work site was within walking distance of work place, and we had childcare nearby, so the women could be with their kids on their breaks...and one or two women (or men) could watch everyone's kids.
Sooo, I know these ideas work. It was the best time of my life.

Post Mon 27 Jul, 2009 12:20 am 
PaulaJane
Moose

Ha, I used to visit a commune in Maine. I was surprised that all of the members worked either at the commune or outside their border. There were doctors, nurses, technitions, etc.. Really amazing. The only things I ever heard about hippys was that they were druggies and losers. That commune sure changed my mind, and my outlook too!!

Post Tue 28 Jul, 2009 9:53 am 

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Around The Water Cooler -> Health Corner