FAQFAQ
   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 In Identity Theft Protection

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> General Maine Discussions

FAIR POINT, thank you for your patience

Author    Thread
Haley
Mosquito

FAIR POINT, thank you for your patience

Who would have believed that Verizon never wanted to actually be in New England? So Verizon put their system up for sale and Fair Point bought the whole thing which includes Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire.

Now, while Verizon held the reigns they collected money, but didn't make any improvements and left New England with broken down equipment and if I'm not mistaken their computer system was maybe just a little more advanced that the old IBM card system. Ok, I'm being a little facitious; no maybe a lot facitious.

This is why Fair Point is working feverishly to serve its customers. I am one of them and I've been waiting for Fair Point Internet high speed since February and I am pleased to announce that i'll be getting my Fair Point internet connection this coming Monday. Only problem is I'll be out of town when Fed X comes. I wonder if this is really happening---I mean that finally I can go a little faster that 56k...Gee, can't watch any YouTube at that speed too well. Rolling Eyes

Post Fri 15 May, 2009 12:24 pm 
Haley
Mosquito

Remember all the signs in yards around Maine that read: NO to the SALE of VERIZON.? I wonder if those people knew, at the time, the hoax Verizon pulled off on Maine customers. Where's the outrage. But, you ought to hear the outrage of customers when they call Fair Point and have to wait over an hour to get a response in some areas.

At least WVOM morning show hasn't drawn attention to the so called incompetency of Fair oint because what is happening is not the result of Fair Point. What is a lingering question, however, is why did Fair Point allow itself to take on such a dismal operation in the first place?

What was Fair Point's senior managment thinking when they looked the operation over? Surely they could see an out dated system with multiple problems. I would love to have a hour interview show with some of the Fair Point execs and talk about what's going on with Fair Point.

Post Sat 16 May, 2009 5:07 am 

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> General Maine Discussions