FAQFAQ
   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 In Identity Theft Protection

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Around The Water Cooler

Bodily functions of the moose hurt the environment

Author    Thread
The Founder
Forum Governor

Bodily functions of the moose hurt the environment

Norway's Moose Population in Trouble for Belching

The poor old Scandinavian moose is now being blamed for climate change, with researchers in Norway claiming that a grown moose can produce 2,100 kilos of methane a year -- equivalent to the CO2 output resulting from a 13,000 kilometer car journey.

Norway is concerned that its national animal, the moose, is harming the climate by emitting an estimated 2,100 kilos of carbon dioxide a year through its belching and farting.

Norwegian newspapers, citing research from Norway's technical university, said a motorist would have to drive 13,000 kilometers in a car to emit as much CO2 as a moose does in a year.

Bacteria in a moose's stomach create methane gas which is considered even more destructive to the environment than carbon dioxide gas. Cows pose the same problem.

Norway has some 120,000 moose but an estimated 35,000 are expected to be killed in this year's moose hunting season, which starts on September 25, Norwegian newspaper VG reported.

Post Wed 22 Aug, 2007 7:34 am 
PaulaJane
Moose

Well, it is only a short time before they come a hunting for we humans. We must emit more CO2 in a life time than a moose does in a year.

Make ready men. It's a coming soon.

Each month I get a report from someplace about how much stuff we are eliminating into the environment.

Well, my eyes are double tonight...so I am unable to see what I am typing and therefore won't be able to edit it until tomorrow I hope. In the mean time, bear with me please...

Post Fri 24 Aug, 2007 10:30 pm 

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Around The Water Cooler