FAQFAQ
   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 In Identity Theft Protection

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Around The Water Cooler -> Health Corner

Soy makes you gay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Author    Thread
Vizzini
Lobstah

Right, I'm just asking people to acknowledge that its clearly a possibility. Do you admit its possible? The gay community doesn't seem willing to do that.

Massive doses of hormones, hormone mimicking pollutants, hormones in drinking water etc. can effect behavior associated with hormone levels (DUH) and sexuality/physical attraction is associated with hormone levels.

Do you acknowledge that this is factual?

Are you a homosexual?

Post Wed 16 May, 2007 11:13 am 
tumbleweed
Official Mainah

Vizzini

Post some credible evidence and I'll consider the possibility. Rats don't count.

Your argument isn't convincing.IMO. And neither are your sources up to this point.

As for my preference, get a life.

Post Wed 16 May, 2007 2:51 pm 
Vizzini
Lobstah

This is pretty much all I've said, and you know perfectly well it is scientific fact.

Massive doses of hormones, hormone mimicking pollutants, hormones in drinking water etc. can effect behavior associated with hormone levels (DUH) and sexuality/physical attraction etc. is associated with hormone levels.

To dismiss the possibility that these kinds of things can potentially effect sexuality is just goofy. If someone does that it most likely indicates they are a person with an agenda or vested interest in the "gay is normal, gay is healthy, gays are born gay" song and dance.

These days you know perfectly well, the gay community would demonize any researcher who went down this path. Just like they demonized any psychologist who dared raise the possibility of a mental health component. The gay community has effectively shutdown any serious research in this area, because they cannot tolerate someone even suggesting that these perfectly reasonable possibilities are worth looking into. It's quite obvious that hormones (especially unusual exposure to hormones in early developmental stages) may influence sexual preference.

"The homosexuals had lower creatinine and 17-ketogenic steroid levels, lower androsterone-etiocholanolone ration, and higher 11-keto-etiocholanolone. They also had lower triglycerides, phospholipids, cholesterol, and beta-lopoproteins. "(Evans, R. (1972) Physical and biochemical characteristics of homosexual men. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology 39: pp. 140)."

"Women exposed prenatally via their pregnant mothers to diethylstilbestrol (DES, a synthetic nonsteroidal estrogen with masculinizing effects in female mammals) received higher ratings of homosexual behavior (Ehrhardt et al., 1985) and showed an increased incidence of left-hand preference (Geschwind & Galaburda, 1985b) compared to female controls. Similarly, women with congenital adrenal hyperplasmia (CAH, an inherited condition which involves an excessive secretion of andrenal androgens) received higher ratings of homosexual behavior (Money et al., 1984; Money, 1987) and showed an increased incidence of left-hand preference (Nass et al., 1987) compared to female controls."

I believe it's very important for Mothers to know that exposing thier unborn and newly born babies to certain hormones etc. is associated with an increased liklihood of homosexuality. The gay community has been irresponsible and selfish in their attempt to stifle further research of this kind.

Post Wed 16 May, 2007 4:09 pm 
Vizzini
Lobstah

quote:
Originally posted by tumbleweed:

As for my preference, get a life.

Well, I was just wondering for this reason - if I was gay I would certainly be uncomfortable pondering the possibility that my sexual preference and the many life altering decisions following from that might all have stemmed from an unusual (and dare I say unfortunate) exposure to hormones at an early age, or else some kind of glandular abnormality that was never recognized. That possibility would certainly make me uncomfortable if I was gay.

Post Wed 16 May, 2007 5:19 pm 
tumbleweed
Official Mainah

Vizzini

Just as I thought. I don't see anything in your scientific data that shows the levels of any chemicals found in soy milk that would compare to the levels they are referring to in this study. Nothing is mentioned of how many people were studied, how much the dosage was, or how it compared to other studies where these chemicals weren't used or present at these levels, whatever they were, as none were mentioned.

And it is a bit outdated.

How has the gay community been irresponsible and selfish in their attempt to stifle further research of this kind? Examples would be great .

How many gay people had a mother who drank a lot of soy milk compare to the average gay person who had a mother that didn't drink any soy milk?

"To dismiss the possibility that these kinds of things can potentially effect sexuality is just goofy. If someone does that it most likely indicates they are a person with an agenda or vested interest in the "gay is normal, gay is healthy, gays are born gay" song and dance."

You're way off base. You are speculating and doing a damn poor job of it too I might add. You know nothing about me or why I'm disputing your claims, other than I'm pointing out the flaws of your logic. I've never said gay is normal or healthy.That's just more speculation. I have no vested interest or agenda. I just haven't seen any proof from you that is convincing enough to buy into your claim that soy milk is causing anyone to be gay.

Terms like potentially and possibly don't mean much to me coming from someone who is trying to find a smoking gun for homosexuality.

Post Wed 16 May, 2007 7:32 pm 
Vizzini
Lobstah

quote:

Just as I thought. I don't see anything in your scientific data that shows the levels of any chemicals found in soy milk that would compare to the levels they are referring to in this study.

Thats because the literature I posted was simply meant to demonstrate that there is scientific support for the broader idea that early and unusual exposure to hormones and homrone mimicking agents does seem to be associated with a higher level of homosexuality, and that evidence also points to a greater liklihood of homosexuality with certain glandular and hormonal disorders.

Soy is full of estrogen mimicking agents. If thats all you feed a little tiny baby it really isn't crazy to think that it might have some effect on behaviors linked to hormones.

The rest of your post is a collection of false premises, strawmen, misrepresentations of my position etc.

Oh yeah, one other thing though - don't play dumb. You know perfectly well what the gay community does with anyone who would suggest that homosexuality might be the symptom of any kind of "defect" (hormonal, glandular, mental) or injury (in the form of early exposure to hormones etc). You know what they do - don't even try that garbage.

Post Wed 16 May, 2007 8:25 pm 
ET1(SS)
Official Pissant

Purely for the sake of science.

I would be willing to enter a study:

To eat soy based food everyday, and to force myself to watch a stripper and to suffer through a lap-dance each day; for a year to see if all that soy had any queering effects on me.

I would be willing to do that for science.

I would force myself to go through that, just for us to learn more and to find the truth of this matter.

Maine Organic Farmers and Gardener Fair

Post Wed 16 May, 2007 10:55 pm 
tumbleweed
Official Mainah

Vizzini

"The rest of your post is a collection of false premises, strawmen, misrepresentations of my position etc."

That's pretty rich coming from you and the suggestions you are making.

You claim I'm playing dumb, yet you don't provide anything to prove your point.I have no idea what you are even talking about in reference to what information is being surpressed. I'll ask again then. What information? Enlighten me.

There are enough gay people who never touched soy milk to cast doubt on your claims.IMO. All I gather from your suggestions is if you drink soy milk your kid might turn out to be gay. Or if you get to much of a certain hormone, your kid might be gay.This is a theory and not very convincing to me. I want to know how likely or probable it is that these chemicals are the definite cause of someone being a gay person.

You are looking for evidence so you can hit a switch to keep people from being gay so you won't have to deal with them. I've read enough of your posts on this topic to realize you are homophobic, and that is what you base your perspective on.

I don't dwell much on gay issues and I don't care what makes them tick. They are what they are, and you can eliminate all the hormones you want and there will still be gay people, and I'm sure a lot more than you care to see. If they start to reproduce, with 2 gay people of the same sex making a baby, and it is gay too, I will start to worry.

Give me some data on the percentage of people in the population today who are gay, compared to the number of them when these hormones started showing up in the levels you say can make someone gay, and I'll buy some of your snake oil.

Oh, and what about bi-sexual people. Do they get that way from drinking slighly less amounts of soy milk or getting a lower dose of these hormones?

Post Wed 16 May, 2007 11:02 pm 
Vizzini
Lobstah

Your post is really too silly for me to spend much time on a reply, but let me just correct you on the main point. This is all I've claimed-

Massive doses of hormones, hormone mimicking pollutants, hormones in drinking water etc. can effect behavior associated with hormone levels and sexuality/physical attraction is associated with hormone levels.

I have no idea why you threw such a tantrum over me stating such an obvious fact, and I really can't imagine why you would be reluctant to acknowledge the factual nature of this statement. Anyone who ever took an introduction biology class knows this to be true.

Post Thu 17 May, 2007 6:30 am 
tumbleweed
Official Mainah

Vizzini

Fine by me. I'm no more convinced of any claims you have made now than when you first made them. What you perceive as a tantrum is nothing more than a response to your insinuations. I find this topic a bit comical actually.I have a hard time being mad when I'm smiling.

As for biology class, the gay issue was pretty much taboo when I came through the system, but it doesn't take a lab rat to figure out the difference between what is possible and what is speculation based on insufficient evidence.

Post Thu 17 May, 2007 9:15 am 
ET1(SS)
Official Pissant

Well if anyone has the money, I am willing to put my life in jeopardy to find out.

Maine Organic Farmers and Gardener Fair

Post Thu 17 May, 2007 11:55 am 
tumbleweed
Official Mainah

ET1(SS)

Do you accept pay-pal? I'm curious to get to the bottom of this issue. Laughing

Post Thu 17 May, 2007 1:01 pm 
Vizzini
Lobstah

quote:
Vizzini

Fine by me. I'm no more convinced of any claims you have made now than when you first made them...

it doesn't take a lab rat to figure out the difference between what is possible and what is speculation based on insufficient evidence.

The only claim I made is universally accepted by the scientific community. That claim was simply that hormones and hormone mimicking agents profoundly effect sexuality (attraction, gender charachteristics etc). Thats the only claim I've made, and you acted like a big drama queen about it and called me a homophobe LOL.

Because there is a mountain of evidence showing us that hormones are such a strong factor in sexual traits and attraction - its perfectly reasonable to speculate upon the possibility that a food like soy (which is packed full of phyto-estrogens) can effect sexual traits and behaviors (especially when its ingested in mass quantities, like when a baby is fed on soy formula).

There should be more research done on potential associations between homosexuality and exposures of these kinds. That research is not happening, because drama queens like you (and the gay community) demonize anyone who dares to even suggest the possibility of an association between a "disorder or injury" and homosexuality.

Post Thu 17 May, 2007 3:27 pm 
PaulaJane
Moose

Hormones

Vizzini,

quote:
Massive doses of hormones, hormone mimicking pollutants, hormones in drinking water etc. can effect behavior associated with hormone levels and sexuality/physical attraction is associated with hormone levels.
It wasn't too long ago that I read similar articles on statin drugs doing the same to fish. I guess the drugs, when they leave our body, they head for the river. With millions of people taking statin drugs... think of the profound affect. Gruesome.

Post Thu 17 May, 2007 11:25 pm 

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Around The Water Cooler -> Health Corner