FAQFAQ
   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 In Identity Theft Protection

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Introductions & Welcome Center

I'm Back

Author    Thread
PaulaJane
Moose

I'm Back

Greetings everyone!
In November, early December I had to quit being a home health care provider, due to my lack of balance. In late Dec., I became a Mystery Shopper, and have since enjoyed every moment of it.
A couple of Thursdays ago, Pro Repo visited my house, and drove my car away. Evil or Very Mad I was at first devastated, due to the fact that I could no longer run the state of Maine doing mystery shops, but now, as I sit back and just feel sorry for myself, it dawns on me that I no longer have the $240. a month loan payment (which I knew I couldn't afford in the first place), plus I no longer have the high ins. payment each month.

A lot of 'stuff' has happened to me since you all heard from me. In Feb. I was phished online, and my debit card was hit the worst because Notre Dame Credit Union honored the checks, and just kept deducting $20., $20... etc (for a grand total of $480.!!!) That happened to be my car payment and my CMP payment. In May, our power was shut down for over 3 weeks, until I humbled myself to get help from the state. Of course I continued doing my Mystery Shopping, but had to cut it way down to one or two assignments per week (had to do my online reports via the college).
Instead of paying a little on all my bills, I steadily got behind while trying to catch up on my car payment. Well, I failed at that, and missed by $40.00...and now my other headache is gone. Let me tell you how that worked:
I got home from shopping in Portland. I brought a handful of stuff in from the car, and sent my eldest out to get my pocketbook, maps, etc. She came running in, "Mom the car is gone! Mom, your car isn't outside! I'm not kidding!" It took approximately 3 minutes for the man to get in my car and drive it away. (I think it was a man, but when I went to pick up my belongings...I met only a female.)
I downloaded an ebook "The Business of Mystery Shopping" that I am reading. I think I will get into being an owner of the business, instead of the shopper. I'll still be able to shop when I get another dependable vehicle, but until then...why not eh?
I hope that I have not bored you, or forgot to mention any of the details, but...inquiring minds want to know...
Paula Confused

Post Fri 22 Jul, 2005 11:47 pm 
Chuck
Official Mainah

Hey Paula,

You sound like you had a load of financial setbacks to last you for awhile. But, you seem upbeat about it all. I like that! It's not fun when someone comes out and takes your car away, or shuts off the electricity/water/oil, etc.

Life can be a bitch. We/ve been in busines for years and years and had ups and downs too. One thing that helped us through these shocking times was positive affirmations like, I feel good. Money comes to me easily. I can easily afford my business equipment. I get all the material items I have to have.

I can't say that these affirmations work to actually bring things into ones life, but they sure do make you feel better while the crap falls on your head.

And, welcome back! Laughing

Post Sat 23 Jul, 2005 5:23 am 
whynot
Official Mainah

Sorry to hear about your bad luck sassy.....I would send you more Maine buck points if we still had them. Wink You seem excited about mystery shopping so tell us all about that..once more...chin up ..things will get better. Whynot Smile

Post Sat 23 Jul, 2005 8:07 am 
PaulaJane
Moose

Mystery Shopping

quote:
Sorry to hear about your bad luck sassy.....I would send you more Maine buck points if we still had them. You seem excited about mystery shopping so tell us all about that..once more...chin up ..things will get better. Whynot

Mystery Shopping is all about customer service, AND knowledge about the business, products, etc. I've visited many banks, asking about what they offer for product, I get the info, then report online about how they conducted themselves (friendly, knowledgeable, professional, etc). With gas prices as they have been, I always schedule between 8 and 10 shops per day. Each one pays aproximately $10. - $25. for a thorough report. Most agencies demand DETAIL DETAIL DETAIL... Your report usually starts as soon as you get out of your auto...you check out the parking lot for debris, etc.
Besides banks, I've done retail stores, outlets, events, and I have been open to do any of the work. Recently I had the opportunity to do some fast food restaurants... The pay is low, but you do get reimbursed for the food you purchase.
The major problem with reimbursement assignments..you normally don't get reimbursed for about 30 to 60 days. So, you have to be able to afford to keep your money on hold for awhile.
Doing it as a 'run' as I was, you can profit around $100. + in a day.
Anyway, I found my inner peace as I did my assignments...It brought me great pleasure to write my targets up, especially when they did a great job!

Post Sun 24 Jul, 2005 8:50 am 
Essyllt
Official Mainah

I want to cry! My phone was recently disconnected because the Jack *ss in this house hasn't paid the phone bill that his mother ran up with international calls while visiting. I refuse to pay it because she's a bitc* who repeatedly locked me out of the house and would yell "key...key" from the other side of the door while I banged on it. I guess the bright side is I have my cell phone, and think of the money I'm saving for the inevitable divorce. I don't have kids so I guess that's good too.

Post Mon 08 Aug, 2005 9:03 pm 
ExFed
From Away

I'm not sure which feeling is stronger.. the mental image that makes me want to laugh my ass off or the one that just thinks that's the saddest thing. Wow... how did you manage to marry a guy with such a wench for a mother? Laughing

quote:
Originally posted by Essyllt:
I want to cry! My phone was recently disconnected because the Jack *ss in this house hasn't paid the phone bill that his mother ran up with international calls while visiting. I refuse to pay it because she's a bitc* who repeatedly locked me out of the house and would yell "key...key" from the other side of the door while I banged on it. I guess the bright side is I have my cell phone, and think of the money I'm saving for the inevitable divorce. I don't have kids so I guess that's good too.

Post Wed 10 Aug, 2005 6:45 pm 
Essyllt
Official Mainah

Last edited by Essyllt on Fri 10 Mar, 2006 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun 14 Aug, 2005 6:45 pm 
whynot
Official Mainah

But why did you marry Empire?

Post Tue 16 Aug, 2005 7:25 am 
Essyllt
Official Mainah

Chuck was taken (away..ha..ha)...and Colby couldn't spell my name, "Eslut"

Post Tue 16 Aug, 2005 8:09 am 
DarkKanos
From Away

I am back as well guys from vacationing on the web. Laughing Laughing Paula its good to see your back to stay I hope.

Post Wed 17 Aug, 2005 12:34 pm 

Your Maine Forum Forum Index -> Introductions & Welcome Center